FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
It is a typical cultivar, but the young baby traps are red on the outside. Is this normal? Usually the forming traps are green with a pink tint, but some of them are a deep red on the outside. Also, is it normal one lobe of the trap to be in a concave shape, while the other lobe is flat and convex? Also, is it normal for the outside of the trap to become red/pinkish?
Last edited by albertoburrito on Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By albertoburrito
Here are photos i forgot to include. The really red trap also is a little black on the tip. Is everything normal?
Attachments:
half convex-half concave trap?
half convex-half concave trap?
IMG_0185.JPG (872.29 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
trap is really red, on the petiole also.
trap is really red, on the petiole also.
IMG_0184.JPG (949.26 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
By Secretariat73
albertoburrito wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:21 pm It is a typical cultivar, but the young baby traps are red on the outside. Is this normal? Usually the forming traps are green with a pink tint, but some of them are a deep red on the outside. Also, is it normal one lobe of the trap to be in a concave shape, while the other lobe is flat and convex? Also, is it normal for the outside of the trap to become red/pinkish?
The red/pink color is a result of all that Arizona sunlight your plant has been receiving. It is perfectly normal. Your flytrap is developing some beautiful color! I wouldn’t worry about the distorted trap. It and the black tips could have been caused by the earlier misfortunes experienced by the plant. I would keep an eye on the plant to make sure the future growth looks good, but the plant looks like it is recovering well.
albertoburrito liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!