FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
Well as promised I will have a one day giveaway game for 12 lucky people. Here's the game. I will post a trivia question about New Year and the first to correctly answer will be in a drawing for a fabulous prize. You may answer in the thread. If you are the first then I will post another thread where you will sign up for the drawing in a list style. So if you win the first question you will be number one in the list and so on. There will be 12 spots available so check back periodically throughout the day and good luck. :D
And the usual blah blah blah about the winner will pay the postage. And of course fabulous prize
hollyhock, hollyhock liked this
By hollyhock
Question 1
I hope eating an ingredient in this salsa brings me good luck for 2020. And not just a case of flatulence.... :lol:
Name these lucky legumes that are traditionally eaten on New Year's day.
Attachments:
Lucky legumes??
Lucky legumes??
IMG_20200101_093258143.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 4114 times
hollyhock liked this
By ChefDean
hollyhock wrote:Question 1
I hope eating an ingredient in this salsa brings me good luck for 2020. And not just a case of flatulence.... :lol:
Name these lucky legumes that are traditionally eaten on New Year's day.
Black-eyed peas.
However, for the full effect of good luck, you should eat 1 for every day of the new year. 2020 is a leap year, so put your bib on and chow down 366 of those delectable beauties.
ChefDean, ChefDean liked this
By Jeeper
It's considered bad luck to eat crab or lobster on New Year's Day, as they move sideways, and no bottom-dwellers either, like catfish, or you may become a bottom-feeder as well.
Jeeper liked this
By hollyhock
Jeeper wrote:Conversely, it's considered bad luck to eat crab or lobster on New Year's Day, as they move sideways, and no bottom-dwellers either, like catfish, or you may become a bottom-feeder as well.
Yes that's correct because lobster swims backwards and we must always move forward. But tomorrow I can eat lobster because I like it. Yum
Also chicken is not lucky to eat either because when they scratch on the ground it's in a reverse direction. Jeeper you are contestant #2 please sign up for the drawing in the winners sign up post
By DragonsEye

Darn. Bit too slow.
By chomato
Celebratory gunfire- to celebrate something.
It's illegal here in the states but people still do it
As for fireworks, they were initially thought to get rid of evil and bring good luck
chomato liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!