FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Anymal911
I just received these plants from Nancy! She was kind enough to gift them to me. They look amazing, and I can't wait to watch them grow!
From the left: FTS Maroon Monster, SD Draco (formerly known as FTS Scarlet Vixen), and a 1 year old FTR seedling.
Attachments:
New plants!
New plants!
1439528719771752987013.jpg (745.74 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
Anymal911 liked this
By katya_dog1
Ishaha wrote:
Anymal911 wrote:*Bump*
What does that mean?
It means he pushed the thread to the top of the new posts by replying to it.

Those are some beautiful plants, Anymal!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Earthy
Nancy is the bomb...earlier this year she sent me my Maroons and the BZ Razorback that has turned into 8 plants lol...
Earthy, Earthy liked this
By katya_dog1
Earthy wrote:Nancy is the bomb...earlier this year she sent me my Maroons and the BZ Razorback that has turned into 8 plants lol...
She sold three H. Minor clumps for 20 bucks each a while ago. Definitely a very generous person. :)
katya_dog1 liked this
By Anymal911
Nancy wrote:Whew! Just glad they made it to you-I started thinking you either lived wayyyy the heck out somewhere or the USPS truck blew a tire! :lol:
SD Draco (formerly known as FTS Scarlet Vixen),
Really? :?
Yes, but Matt decided to give it up to Steve, and he changed the clone's name to SD Draco.
Anymal911 liked this
By Nancy
Yes, but Matt decided to give it up to Steve, and he changed the clone's name to SD Draco.
I see. Thanks for the history on that clone Anymal. The parent plant that I have puts out some nice sized traps and IF they stay open, they color up.
Nancy liked this
By Matt
Anymal911 wrote:Yes, but Matt decided to give it up to Steve, and he changed the clone's name to SD Draco.
That's more or less correct. When Steve and I were partnered, I sent him basically some of every plant I was growing; in some cases I sent him thousands of plants. When he decided he wanted to go his own way, he retained nearly all of the plants.

FTS Scarlet Vixen was a plant that I had selected and propagated, but ended up choosing not to distribute it in favor of FTS Purple Ambush which had basically the same coloration (for which Scarlet Vixen was chosen) and better growth habit. But Steve decided to sell FTS Scarlet Vixen, for whatever reason of his own. Since I had never intended to sell it and I didn't want it floating around with the FTS label, he changed the name to SD Draco.
Matt liked this

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!