FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
Everything is great, a suggestion is that maybe you could change the pictures at the top of the page, with all the new cultivars that exist now, I feel that those pictures are "old" and could be replaced with new ones of more attractive or eye catching plants. Just a suggestion, feel free to take it or leave it.
Leathal_Traps liked this
By Matt
Leathal_Traps wrote:Everything is great, a suggestion is that maybe you could change the pictures at the top of the page, with all the new cultivars that exist now, I feel that those pictures are "old" and could be replaced with new ones of more attractive or eye catching plants.
Thanks for the suggestion! Can you clarify what you're referring to? I've actually changed the logo on the FlytrapCare.com site with the upgrade. This is the new logo:

And there is some font overlay on top of it: FlytrapCare.com - Venus Fly Trap Care & Growing Guide.

I plan to put that logo, or something similar, on the FlytrapCare forums and the Community Portion of the site as well when I get some time to rework those headers. I'm guessing that's the logo, the one on the forums and community portion of the site, you're referring to (the old logo) that has a collage of a few photos of flytraps?
By Leathal_Traps
Yeah I am referring to the old logo with the collage of the flytraps. With all the new cool cultivars like alien I though maybe new picture could be added or switched out

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Leathal_Traps liked this
By katya_dog1
Um, Matt where did the 'View new Posts' button go? I can reply to topics as you can see, but I am having trouble navigating this new forum look.
By bvalente
katya_dog1 wrote:Um, Matt where did the 'View new Posts' button go? I can reply to topics as you can see, but I am having trouble navigating this new forum look.
Go to "Forum" and the drop down menu will show up.
bvalente liked this
By Matt
bvalente wrote:
katya_dog1 wrote:Um, Matt where did the 'View new Posts' button go? I can reply to topics as you can see, but I am having trouble navigating this new forum look.
Go to "Forum" and the drop down menu will show up.
Thanks for the quick response Brian!

Also, anyone looking to give feedback with regards to the new look of the forum, please do so here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/new-l ... 25972.html
By xr280xr
Matt wrote:Take a look, if you would, and let me know if it looks better?
Yep, that helps!
xr280xr liked this
By mlaluz23
Looks great matt. Just a tip from previous experience: the store is very distracting. It has too much information around and it's very crowded. You may want to take a less busy approach. Over all the site looks great.
By Matt
mlaluz23 wrote:Just a tip from previous experience: the store is very distracting. It has too much information around and it's very crowded.
Thanks for that feedback. What pages in the store are you referring to exactly? The Front page? Category pages? Product pages? All pages?

I feel like the Product Pages of the store are clean and easy to read, which are probably the most important to keep clean, along with the checkout pages.

Category pages and the Front page are a bit cluttered and I'd like to spend some time cleaning them up eventually, particularly the front page. The problem is getting things that are important, like the shipping information, highly visible without making the site look cluttered.

If you have specific suggestions as to what should go and what should change to make it look less crowded, I'd love to hear it.

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!