FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By jaloup25
Hello everyone! My name's Jared. I am new to venus fly traps but would like to learn more. So far my only experience involve one that has died and one that is trying to die as we speak (of course to be honest both were cheap plants I got from home depot so that could be part of my problem....) I was thinking of ordering one this time from the venusflytrap.com store, but my question is what is going to be the easiest variety of flytrap to grow, and which one will actually eat something!! The two I have/had wont/wouldn't eat anything! And my followup questions would simply be, if im probably planning on keeping it indoors, what is the best method for watering and the best method for giving it light (i.e., how many watts does my fluorescent light bulb need to be, how many hours of light, how many light bulbs etc.?). I currently have a setup where I can put two 100 watt CFL light bulbs above a plant in my house without having to buy anything else, but obviously I can buy some other setup or additional lights if needed! Anyway, like I said im new to this, and these are my questions...and like ive already said my main question really is what is going to be the easiest variety to grow and keep alive and feed for a newbie! Thank you for any help that can be offered!

- Jared

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!