FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By SerMuncherIV
Hey everyone!

I am so thrilled to announce a new carnivorous plant book titled Drosera of the New Jersey Pinelands, U.S.A., authored by myself and Daniel DiPietro and published by the Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) Press! This is the first work to comprehensively document New Jersey’s three species and two natural hybrids of Drosera as they occur in one of the primary centers of North American carnivorous plant diversity. The botanical history, unconventional habitats, winter survival strategies, and unique forms (many endemic to the Pinelands) of these species are vividly documented in over 170 full color photographs. Of particular interest are two newly described forms of D. filiformis, the stem-forming habit of D. intermedia, and detailed treatments of D. × eloisiana and D. × hybrida. Advance copies are now available from the BRIT Press shop (https://shop.brit.org/Drosera-of-the-Ne ... -Pinelands). Supplies are limited, so order your copy now!

Last edited by SerMuncherIV on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panman, optique, ChefDean and 4 others liked this
By evenwind
Congratulations!
SerMuncherIV liked this
By SerMuncherIV
Shadowtski wrote:Congratulations!
How can we order a copy autographed by the authors?
Thank you! I don't have access to the books before they are shipped out by the publisher, but if there is enough interest we can probably arrange to send signed stickers.
By 1cashew
Thank you SerMuncherIV for publishing the book and congratulations for getting it done! I ordered my book first thing yesterday morning. I am most excited to learn that you have investigated the stem forming habit of Drosera intermedia. Good luck with your college experience, you guys have been robbed.
SerMuncherIV liked this
By Benny
Congrats!
I will get the book as soon as I can! Been needing some more things to read during quarantine! :lol:
SerMuncherIV liked this
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!