FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I would like to thank Nepenthes0260 for his donation of Darlingtonia Californica. I'm happy to be seeing these seeds show up in the seed bank recently.
Due to them being an uncommon addition to the seed bank, these seeds are available to donors immediately, and available for general request Monday at noon, CST.
Getting the more uncommon seeds is like my Triple B Grilled Peaches after a juicy steak. Fantastic!
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By ChefDean
uxleumas wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:25 pm people grill peaches? i wonder what it would taste like.
Well, I make a compound butter with Bourbon, brown sugar, and cinnamon and place a slug of that butter in the place that the pit was. It melts into the peach as it grills, and it only takes a couple of minutes.
Take the peach off the grill, peel the skin off, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
I charged $15 for this dessert when I was a commercial Chef, and it cost me about $1 to make.
By Lyra
Sounds delicious. I tried grilling a peach before, but l left it for to long and it dried up. It wasn't good. But, I'll definitely try it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
By ChefDean
Compound butter is butter with anything added to it, but doesn't change the consistency too much.
In this case, the 3 ingredients are mixed into the butter with a hand mixer.
By DragonsEye
Sounds interesting! I imagine you would need to use a peach that isn't super ripe ... lest it turn to mush even as you set it on the grill. How do you know it is ready?
By sanguinearocks101
My peach tree produces a ton of peaches each year unless the wasps get them so I’ll have to try this. I also just pruned it last year so hopefully I get some large peaches. One year I had so many peaches I made about 30 jars of peach jelly.
By uxleumas
I also have a peach tree that can produce many bags of peaches, though once they ripen the squirrels can eat everything in a matter of days, even when parts of the tree is wrapped with mesh/net. this year we only managed to save one peach though.:x :( i guess if i want to try this i have to use the peach.
By Ben Goudge
Squirrels are also a big, big problem over here in California. They steal almost all of my tomatoes, which take months to grow and ripen. My neighbor calls them "rats with bushy tails", and I couldn't agree more. This year I'm growing habanero peppers next to my tomatoes to try and teach them a lesson, the hard way. :twisted:
By sanguinearocks101
I hate squirrels but they don’t attack my garden. One of them is sitting in the exact same spot every single time I drive by. I just know it’s playing a game to see how close it can get to dying without actually dying. I hate groundhogs the most. They burrow beneath my fence and eat everything. Technically groundhogs are the worlds largest squirrel though. Sometimes mice eat my sweet potatoes but only once every few years.
By uxleumas
rabbits are also quite annoying, they eat the cucumber leaves, and sometimes eat egg plants. true squirrel proof bird feeders are quite rare, as you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZFjoX2cGg the squirrels literally un-sprang the spring that closed the door!
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!