FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank Sundewd for his recent donation.
He has donated five packs of D. Carbarup gemmae and five packs of D. micrantha (Cranbrook) gemmae. Each pack has about 20 gemmae in it, enough to make a little carpet of pygmies.
He got these to me quickly, so they're fresh, but gemmae have a short shelf life. Keeping them in the fridge will extend that shelf life a bit, but not forever. As such, these will not have the usual donor only restriction, and, due to their ease of germinating, will be available to all eligible Class 1 members and above.
These gemmae are small enough that I believe a bubble wrap taco in a regular SASE will be fine. I've shipped gemmae in that manner in the past without major issues. If you wish shipping to utilize anything different (padded envelope, box, etc.) we can discuss that and make something happen, you'll just need to plan on paying for that added expense.
We've had gemmae in the seed bank before, and it went well. However, like last time, I will keep an eye on these. If they look like they're starting to germinate or decline, I will sow them myself and host a giveaway later, in Sundewds honor, of any plants that grow. I anticipate they'll be fine for at least a month+, so I shouldn't have to sow any until after the first of the year if they last that long.
These gemmae are immediately available to all eligible members.
Sundewd, thank you for your generous donation.
Panman, mo_carnivore, Shadowtski and 4 others liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!