FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By frog
I see a seller from EU is starting to sell new clones in the US. They say new clones are on the way Spotty, Toothless, Short Teeth and a few others. Jason Koch & Trev Cox are behind it. Any other info you guys have about this would help me out.
By Matt
Jason Koch (member jasonkochuni here on the forums) has been importing a lot of clones from the EU over the last couple of years and starting them in TC. I don't know the details of Trev's and Jason's arrangement, but perhaps he's been receiving some of them from Trev Cox and they decided to partner and Jason plans to send cultures back to Trev in the EU.

Whatever the case, I think it means that we should be able to get our hands on some of the EU clones in the next couple of years. Which is awesome for the hobby!

I too have been receiving some of the EU clones from various growers. I haven't tried to get as many as Jason because many of the named clones in the EU don't appeal to me to grow either because I already have seedlings that look like them or they're just not significantly different enough from other named clones or, in the case of Spotty, they almost certainly have a virus. But I do have some EU clones that I plan to get in TC, such as Alien, Coquillage, Mirror and others and I continue to work out trades for others.
Matt liked this
By prized
If you will be able to put your hands on DM Spotty, that would be REALLY REALLY nice! It is a spectacular clone!!

And above all: if Matt will put it into TC, many doubts about it will be cleared!
prized liked this
By Matt
prized wrote:If you will be able to put your hands on DM Spotty, that would be REALLY REALLY nice! It is a spectacular clone!! And above all: if Matt will put it into TC, many doubts about it will be cleared!
I already grow Spotty. And some people are convinced that all variegated Venus fly trap clones (This includes Spotty, Patches, 'Charly Mandon's spotted', ‘Vitiligo’ and all of the "spotted" and variegated clones) have a virus. I'm not so sure, but am reserving decision making until I spend more time evaluating these clones.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!