FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
Jack and Jeanie from http://www.HawaiianBotanicals.com are going through with their order from TriffidPark. They have the paperwork done apparently. Here's what's planned:

Dionaea muscipula 'Big Vigorous' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Burbank's Best' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Dutch' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Fang' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Low Giant' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Paradisia' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Vigorous' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Crested Petioles' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Cross Teeth' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Dutch Delight' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Fine Tooth x Red' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Triffid Traps' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Yellow' 50 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Royal Red' 20 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Akai Ryu' 20 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Clayton's Red Sunset' 20 plants
Dionaea muscipula 'Sharks Teeth' 20 plants
Dionaea muscipula ‘Pink Venus 10 plants

I'll be getting 20 plants me thinks.. The nursery is a 10 minute drive from my place. Can't wait to see them when they get here!!
By Adam
kevinqwe wrote:thats a lot of plants, it must cost them their whole life savings!!
They seem to be doing fine. They don't just sell CPs. They also do water lilies and even coy fish (an 8" import sells for $80 there :shock: ). They can afford to bring in those plants.
hackerberry wrote:Darn, no Red Piranha? Thanks Adam for posting.
That's the list they emailed me. Someone on the Ontario Carnivorous Plant Society said that the order was for sure - it wasn't however at that time.

UPDATE:

When I went there today to buy a butterwort, they said they are going through with the order! It's great news as people started to bug them about it once they read the news on the forums.
By renesis
Adam wrote: When I went there today to buy a butterwort, they said they are going through with the order! It's great news as people started to bug them about it once they read the news on the forums.
Nice! I was one of those that bugged them, but didn't get a reply. Will be nice having a few more varieties here in Canada.
What butterwort did you buy?
By Adam
I'll post a picture later. I didn't bother with the tag as they were just potting up some that were raised from seed, I'm guessing.

They are swamped with work and they have not been able to return my more recent emails. I'm glad I'm close enough to go and visit them to talk about it in person.
By Adam
I'll definitely keep this thread up to date. Every time I go there, I buy a plant. I'm guessing I'll get a pitcher plant next time :D
By NZL
That's good news for Canadian growers!
I can only encourage the world wide spread of these nice little plants
By Matt
NZL wrote:That's good news for Canadian growers!
I can only encourage the world wide spread of these nice little plants
I second that notion! I was very excited when I started learning about how many variations of Dionaea there are and then I was quickly disappointed when I realized that I couldn't get my hands on very many of them. I hope to see all commonly traded cultivars widely distributed.
By Adam
I just visited the Jack and Jeanie today (it's where I got my new addition if you see my grow list thread). They are going to be putting the order in tomorrow (it's the day their nursery is closed). Unfortunately, they will be getting only 10 cultivars/varieties from Triffid Park - not the whopping 17 they were going to do originally. They said the order was going to be way too large otherwise. Either way, I left it up to them to see which would be the most desirable imports.

Till the next update...
By hackerberry
Thanks Adam for the update! I was talking to Jack last week and he asked me which cultivars would suit the taste of folks in Canada specifically the members of the OCPS and FTC. I told him not to forget the Red Piranha hehe.

hb
By Devon
Nooooo! Only 10 cultivars!!! I hope they don't disclude the ones I want to get in a few years!!!... or after my B-day in october.
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!