FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dini
i recently bought a nepenthus hanging pitcher plant and right now I'm growing it outdoors but I'm having problems with trying to find a place to hang it and also where there's enough sunlight. I was wondering if I could simply lay this plant where my other plants are on the floor? i mean I get this plant is meant to be hanging but would it hurt to place it on the ground....
By Dini
^^i forgot to mention i bought this plant in a pot meant for hanging :)
By sanguinearocks101
They are not required to be hanging, it doesn’t really affect them. Direct sunlight usually is too bright for Nepenthes, bright indirect light is usually best. An easy way to test out your lighting is put it in the brightest spot you can that doesn’t turn its leaves red,don’t start out with direct light though
By Dini
sanguinearocks101 wrote:They are not required to be hanging, it doesn’t really affect them. Direct sunlight usually is too bright for Nepenthes, bright indirect light is usually best. An easy way to test out your lighting is put it in the brightest spot you can that doesn’t turn its leaves red,don’t start out with direct light though

just wondering would I have to repot it since its in a hanging pot or that's fine?
By optique
Nepenthes get very large, I am not sure any hanging pot will work forever anyway. I suggest looking into the type of Nepenthes you have and try to fight out what light levels it likes. Nepenthes. Ventrata is the most common and likes 4-6 hours of direct light but i would avoid high noon sun it hotter climates.
Dini liked this
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!