FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By rob158
Hi,
i got a N.rajah today and its not looking very well to me sowould like to know your thoughts on it,
will it get better? its been in the post for about 5 days, do you think it was the post that started to kill it or it was sent like that?

thanks,
By snapperhead51
well dough that will recover man , looks terminal to me , would say it got cooked or frozen some where or was sent in bad shape to begin with , would have hade to been some thing extreme to do that in 5 days think i would be asking for money back or new plant , email with pic's the seller and sort some thing out quickly dont leave it to it now or they may say you did it !! ok
john
By dimitar
Sorry to hear that!I cant be sure but from what I see the plant has been sent in bad condition! It is inpossible for this plant to be damaged for 5 days. There is some chance for this to happen if the plant was sick before that. To compare I want to show you N. rajah that come to me not for 5 days but for 8 days. You can see by yourself from the pics.
As John advices you contct the seller immediately, show him the condition the plant and ask for anather plant or refund. This is your right. If this doesn't happen, it will be better to say the name of the seller or where you buy from.
Sorry to see your thread late but I hope I"m useful.
Cheers,
D

The condition of the plant when arrived.

The plant in new home
By rob158
Hi,
i got back in touch with them and we agread that if it has not recovered in a week thay will refund it, it was rather cold so mayby it was that that made it ill,
its started to grow again so if it keeps growing i wont ask for a refund,

thanks,
By dimitar
Good, keep us informed, please. I hope you will have success with it.
By corky
if it does come back to its former glory you will have a good sense of achievement ,good luck and don't over water as i think that could of been what killed mine
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!