FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
VenusPhoenix wrote:
tannerm wrote:
VenusPhoenix wrote:What about a led light from a phone?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Joking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well i mean if i didnt have any legit lighting but if i had a old android phone with an led light could i rig something up for the plant im just curious please dont troll me

Androids do have some bright LEDs, but one isn't going to make much of a difference, if at all.
By VenusPhoenix
Benurmanii wrote:
VenusPhoenix wrote:
tannerm wrote: Joking?

Well i mean if i didnt have any legit lighting but if i had a old android phone with an led light could i rig something up for the plant im just curious please dont troll me

Androids do have some bright LEDs, but one isn't going to make much of a difference, if at all.
Alright then the main thing is i keep my sarrecina outside but it only gets like 4 hours of sunlight and i bring it in at night under a lamp and i was wondering if i add led light that it help but im enthusiastic and i need to be patient thanks for the help

By tannerm
VenusPhoenix wrote:
Benurmanii wrote:
VenusPhoenix wrote: Well i mean if i didnt have any legit lighting but if i had a old android phone with an led light could i rig something up for the plant im just curious please dont troll me

Alright then the main thing is i keep my sarrecina outside but it only gets like 4 hours of sunlight and i bring it in at night under a lamp and i was wondering if i add led light that it help but im enthusiastic and i need to be patient thanks for the help

Ah, I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out lighting.

By VenusPhoenix
tannerm wrote:
VenusPhoenix wrote:
Benurmanii wrote: Androids do have some bright LEDs, but one isn't going to make much of a difference, if at all.

Ah, I thought you were being sarcastic. I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out lighting.

Hahaha nahhh i love to joke around but i am a man of science first but again thanks for the insight

By Judeteoh101
N.jamban are a highland species...so I would recommend increasing the humidity and making sure to keep it cool. U could also Mist it with water.
GOOD LUCK and it hope ur money does.not go to waste :3
By tannerm
Plantman818 wrote:I know this is an old thread but phone led lol
Haha. Hey there. Thanks for reviving this :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Plantman818 wrote:Its what i do lol how is your jamban doing by the way?
its fine. (Semi) Recently switched to a different grow environment and it’s just now starting to acclimate.

By tannerm
Plantman818 wrote:Nice, hoping to get one this week along with a little something else:) just hope that it isn't to hard to grow
I hope yours does really well! Mine has proven to be my slowest grower/most particular nepenthes haha.

Fishing

I'll list them then and let you all see what you m[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!