FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By hon chin
Does anybody now where to buy nepenthes in san antonio. I have checked at lowes and they had no idea what i was talking about and shopping
online is not as good as seeing it with your own eyes before you buy it.
Last edited by hon chin on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dmagnan
buying plants online and having them shipped is the way to go. Even here in Houston, one of the biggest cities in the country, there's only a few places you can find carnivorous plants, and even then the selection is extremely low. If you search online you'll find stores that'll ship to you, and there's a list in this post:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/the-l ... t8732.html
By Cory
dmagnan wrote:buying plants online and having them shipped is the way to go. Even here in Houston, one of the biggest cities in the country, there's only a few places you can find carnivorous plants, and even then the selection is extremely low. If you search online you'll find stores that'll ship to you, and there's a list in this post:

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/the-l ... t8732.html

Right on. It's the only way your will ever get anything that's not super common in most areas. Ordering online and having it shipped is of little risk
By cdelavan
Actually there are two nurseries in SA (I live there also) that sell high quality Nepenthes. One is Milburger's at 1604 and Bulverde and the other is Shulz off Broadway near the Witte museum. They don't always carry them so if they don't have any just ask when they expect a new shipment. They usually sell N. ventrata by the way.
cdelavan liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!