FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By HeliamphoraWalnut
It's going to look pretty cool; a small(er) plant producing uppers. I like the upper pitchers better, long green teeth.
Hey, I have a good trade deal for you.....A super rare drosera capensis for your common and weedy hamata. Sound good? :lol:
By tannerm
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:It's going to look pretty cool; a small(er) plant producing uppers. I like the upper pitchers better, long green teeth.
Hey, I have a good trade deal for you.....A super rare drosera capensis for your common and weedy hamata. Sound good? :lol:
Fat chance! Already have a cape anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By tannerm
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:It's going to look pretty cool; a small(er) plant producing uppers. I like the upper pitchers better, long green teeth.
You really think it'll make uppers?

By tannerm
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Well it's a cutting from a vine....a climbing vine....
so? It's a clone, not a continuation of the original plant.

By tannerm
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Oh I see now, it's from a node on the side of the plant. Not the growth point. If it was from the growth point, it would be uppers. Inermis rooted vines produce uppers, if it starts growing from the point
Yeah :)

By tannerm
Dr GreenThumb wrote:Very nice Tan, you lucky devil. :-) cant wait to see it develop more
Thank you! My next update will probably be when it starts developing its first pitcher :)

By tannerm
MAD progress update. Inches of growth in just over 2 weeks! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIRST PITCHER! ImageImageImage

tannerm liked this
By seanu13
Looks awesome! I think I may have gotten a cutting from the same place, solely based on the pot it's in and the "style" of the cutting. Mine is growing smoothly but hasn't exploded like yours (I received mine on Dec. 5th) :) Keep posting updates, I'm interested to see how the pitchers form!
By tannerm
seanu13 wrote:Looks awesome! I think I may have gotten a cutting from the same place, solely based on the pot it's in and the "style" of the cutting. Mine is growing smoothly but hasn't exploded like yours (I received mine on Dec. 5th) :) Keep posting updates, I'm interested to see how the pitchers form!
Thank you! I got mine from Ryan at Native Exotics. Did you as well? What're your conditions/light source? And believe me, I'll DEFINITELY blow this thread up when pitchers form :)

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!