FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By dimitar
Hi guys,
Recently commented coffee quite like a good fertilizer for neps. What you guys think about it? Is anyone using manure for coffee and what are your observations? I think from what I read that coffee might help Neps to grow well, but no one writes then you can Neps without fertilizing coffee thereafter. :(
Check out this treads please
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.ph ... opic=36286

and these

http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... hread=2097

http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... hread=3994
By linton
I used coffee on my some of my Neps around the the end of last growing season (the less precious ones!) once a month for about 3 months. It seemed to give those plants quite a boost and I noticed an increase in the size of new leaves being produced on dosed plants when compared to those that didn't get the coffee treatment.

It certainly didn't do the plants any harm, but I think that it would be easy to overdose the plants and possibly poison the growing medium and ultimately the plant.

I'd recommend trying it on spare plants to start with and try not to over do it.
By snapperhead51
Hi Dimitar
interesting read , most of the people that have tried this or using coffee have peat based strata , me I have sphagnum moss , nothing said on how it will affect the live sphag moss , you can try it and tell me how it goes :mrgreen: I am very sceptical of its affects !!
By nudenut
i am doing a little experiment now with a mirabillis i will post a pic and take monthly ones to update.i have been reading a little about this and seen some progressive photos of neps given the coffee treatment,and it works (apparently)
By dimitar
nudenut wrote:i am doing a little experiment now with a mirabillis i will post a pic and take monthly ones to update.i have been reading a little about this and seen some progressive photos of neps given the coffee treatment,and it works (apparently)
Good, please share pics to see what will happpen. It will be helpful.
By corky
i have had fantastic results using coffee ,the plants got a huge boost and new leaves on small plants were up to a good three times the size of the old ones,i used it in all my plants with only positive effects
Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!