FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
bannister wrote:Is there a solution that automatically turns on and off every single day without any type of winding up or touching? I just want to set it, turn it on, and not have to worry about it ever again.
I'm pretty sure what you don't want doesn't exist. All timers are going to be powered by the socket you plug them in to. They just vary in how you set the times they turn on and off. I've been using harbor freight timers on my plant lights, aquarium lights, and pet lights for years and have never had an issue with them. I prefer analog timers(where you have little plastic buttons or pins that swich it on/off) over digital timers since there is more that can go wrong with a digital timer.
By Mufasa
old topic... but i have been using a $5 or less timer for over a year in my terrarium with no troubles... occasionally we get a blackout or something and the synch changes, but it's not an issue
By Anymal911
I recommend a Zoo Med timer... It's what I use for everything. And while it only allows you to control one appliance per timer, they are so cheao that this is not really an issue because you can get more.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!