FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Leah
mnwatson1 wrote:Nice buy! Very generous!! :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
I'm so happy that the Mystery Boxes were a hit! I can't definitely say one thing about us at FTS- we sure don't skimp...thanks so much for noticing and posting!

Leah
FTS
By mnwatson1
Leah wrote:
mnwatson1 wrote:Nice buy! Very generous!! :)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
I'm so happy that the Mystery Boxes were a hit! I can't definitely say one thing about us at FTS- we sure don't skimp...thanks so much for noticing and posting!

Leah
FTS
I can attest to that, each time I've placed an order! :D
By Fang
Absolutely true! I would definitely like to order another some day :)
By Fang
UPDATE:

I recently repotted my plants into several different containers in attempt to organize them by cultivar. The organizing part failed miserably because I was a little disorganized in their first potting, but they do look much more cozy and easily observed separated. However, during the process I discovered several more babies (4 total)!! They're either Dentate or Big Mouth; I'm not sure haha. My total comes to 16 plants in all!
My Slim Snapper, Tricterfalle, and my biggest Big Mouth
My Slim Snapper, Tricterfalle, and my biggest Big Mouth
IMG_0786.JPG (95.32 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
4 Holland Reds (3 big and 1 baby in the center)
4 Holland Reds (3 big and 1 baby in the center)
IMG_0785.JPG (73.89 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
3 larger Big Mouths /Dentates
3 larger Big Mouths /Dentates
IMG_0784.JPG (76.57 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
6 little baby Big Mouths and Dentates
6 little baby Big Mouths and Dentates
IMG_0783.JPG (78.58 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
Can't wait to watch em grow up :)
By LAKJP
Wow, more plants! I'm so envious of you! :)

Do you keep all your plants on your window sills? If so, how much sun light do they receive?
By Fang
LAKJP wrote:Wow, more plants! I'm so envious of you! :)

Do you keep all your plants on your window sills? If so, how much sun light do they receive?
Haha thanks! :) My fault for not seeing that the gangly plants with clustered traps were actually several smaller babies.

Yes I do grow them all in my window sill! I currently live in a "concrete cell" dorm room suite in college and that is the only window in here. It is also by the air condition, which, in combination with nightly fridge naps, I utilized for dormancy. The window faces southwest so I keep them on the left side of the window so they can receive more light. The setting sun light seems to shine longer than the time it takes for the morning light to go from the right side of the window to the left. They get early morning twilight up until around 10. Then sunlight usually starts to shine through it between 11 and 12 and recedes when the sun goes down around 7 ish. Then until dark they get evening twilight. The cups they are in are small enough that I can also just lower the blinds and leave them there in window. So they receive whatever amount of light that actually shines, not including the street lamp outside. I don't think its close enough to the building to have any effect anyway. In other words, roughly 8 hours of direct light each day.

I keep two little schefflera bonsais on the other side of the window too, but I have to move them away from the AC after the sun goes down to keep them from drying out. My window is pretty full lol.
My "little shop of horrors" setup
My "little shop of horrors" setup
IMG_0789.JPG (66.89 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
Rainy here today so my plants aren't getting much light.
Fang, Fang liked this

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!