FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Leanne Mahoney
The problem is that half the gecko’s little body is still hanging out of the trap! It’s wedged in so tightly that I can’t pull it out. Will this harm my VFT? What should I do?
By Panman
Leave it go. The trap will absorb what it can but will probably turn black and die. I had a trap that got a toad and left the legs sticking out. The plant didn't suffer any long term damange.
By Leanne Mahoney
It’s been a week and the gecko is still hanging out of my trap. It just looks grosser!
Attachments:
The gecko is still there!!
The gecko is still there!!
image.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3312 times
By ChefDean
Your plant is just graphically warning other critters to stay away.
"If any pest thinks it wants to harass me, just take a look at what I did to Martin!" (That's the Geico gecko's name)
Kinda like the VFT version of putting a head on a pike during medieval times, or leaving a pirate's hanging corpse to warn others of the consequences.
Panman, Ben Goudge liked this
By sanguinearocks101
ChefDean wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm "If any pest thinks it wants to harass me, just take a look at what I did to Martin!" (That's the Geico gecko's name)
Do not anger the great gecko swarm. I can already hear them plotting to sneak into your room while you’re sleeping and stick their tongues in your ear. On the bright side, no need to clean out your ears anymore(especially when a stupid gnat flies in your ear or nose)!
Panman, Ben Goudge liked this
By Ben Goudge
ChefDean wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 pm Poor little gecko. I guess GEICO now has to find a new spokesperson, spokeslizard, whatever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ben Goudge
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:54 am
ChefDean wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm "If any pest thinks it wants to harass me, just take a look at what I did to Martin!" (That's the Geico gecko's name)
Do not anger the great gecko swarm. I can already hear them plotting to sneak into your room while you’re sleeping and stick their tongues in your ear. On the bright side, no need to clean out your ears anymore(especially when a stupid gnat flies in your ear or nose)!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!