FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By CN-
Well Here he is as i was told last night he had a Native American Projcet for school . He asked me to help him Build a Bow ,An being we have such short time to build a Plains Indian Bow I chose Willow as it will dry much much faster but it is a very very spongy wood so not a good shooter . Any How here is the Bowyer Now .
Drum Roll.............

Picked out a tree (Hickory for a Later Project)

piece of Barbed wire kept hitting on every swing . it scared the heck out of him ......I about died laughing .

Looking for a good center

The cut . We Chose the bow to be 36" inches because most Bows shot from Horse Back were very short

After cutting the Stave to Length . He drew the shape of the bow an is now centering his lines .

At this stage things happen very fast he is removing lots of wood very quickly This is called Roughing out. We Stopped here for the day to give the Stave a day to loose some moisture.

we will Continue Tomorrow Night . So till then

Daren & Nick (Stepson)
By Aging_Bourbon
As a Native American I find that Very offensive! I'm totally kidding :P

I made a bow when I was small but my dad got me a rifle so it was good by old school Lol.

But that's awesome and Good luck!
By CN-
allenc666 wrote:As a Native American I find that Very offensive! I'm totally kidding :P

I made a bow when I was small but my dad got me a rifle so it was good by old school Lol.

But that's awesome and Good luck!

I am As well I am ½ Kickapoo Of Kansas .
http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/kickapoo/
95slvrZ28 wrote:ZOMG WEAPONS IN A SCHOOOOLLL!!!!

JKJK. Looks like a fun project!
No this was my first reaction an then when the teacher told me "Oh just have him wrap it in something" . So I said " Oh so now Its a concealed weapon "
She told me i was blowing it out of proportion .Well if he has luck like i have luck You know what will happen.

Daren
By Aging_Bourbon
CN- wrote:I am As well I am ½ Kickapoo Of Kansas .
I am full blooded Navajo .
CN- wrote:No this was my first reaction an then when the teacher told me "Oh just have him wrap it in something" . So I said " Oh so now Its a concealed weapon "
She told me i was blowing it out of proportion .Well if he has luck like i have luck You know what will happen.
Hahaha that's funny. I always get b*tched at whenever I go over to my daughters school because I always carry a loaded weapon. (Note: I have a Concealed Carry License) :P
By 95slvrZ28
allenc666 wrote: Hahaha that's funny. I always get b*tched at whenever I go over to my daughters school because I always carry a loaded weapon. (Note: I have a Concealed Carry License) :P
I know where I live, even if you have a concealed carry permit you're still not allowed to carry on state school property.
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!