FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Ryan0988
My sarracenias have been out side for more than three months and we are starting to see weather in the 80s. However non of them have even started growing. I know 3 got rhizome rot because I didn’t provide enough air circulation during dormancy. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated.
By Ryan0988
[quote="boarderlib"]Where are you? My sarrs are just now starting to wake up, but I'm one of those insane northern growers.

Im in southern Michigan so about grow zone 5 b. This year however has been a bit unusually cold.
By boarderlib
Ryan0988 wrote:
Im in southern Michigan so about grow zone 5 b. This year however has been a bit unusually cold.
A lot of my southern locale sarrs still haven't started doing much yet. My leuco's haven't even opened their flowers yet. I'm in northeast Ohio. If you're too worried do the squeeze test on the rhiozome. If it's mushy strip it down and treat it with fungicide, if it's firm it's just a late start.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Ryan0988
boarderlib wrote:It's possible it'll grow back. Did you use some kind of fungicide after you stripped it down?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Fieldofscreams wrote:It's possible if you remove the rotten stuff and repot it in fresh medium.

What were the growing conditions during the winter months?

Thanks for all the advice
I did remove all the rotten material and replace the medium but didn’t use a fungicide. I do have hydrogen peroxide. Should I spray some on the wounds? As for were they where during dormancy i made the mistake of putting them in a cabinet hoping it would protect them from the more severe cold but the lack of air circulation is probably what caused the rot.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!