FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By boarderlib
Ryan0988 wrote:I do have hydrogen peroxide. Should I spray some on the wounds? As for were they where during dormancy i made the mistake of putting them in a cabinet hoping it would protect them from the more severe cold but the lack of air circulation is probably what caused the rot.
Hydrogen peroxide as far as I'm aware won't touch most fungal issues that cause rhiozome rot. It won't hurt to hit them with a 50:50 mix of hydrogen peroxide:distilled though. I personally have started using an alternating method this year and so far it's proven to be very effective. One dose I use Cleary's 3336 fungicide, and the next dose 30 days later I use Physan 20. The Cleary's is good stuff but it is EXPENSIVE. I have a substantial collection of sarracenia, some of which are very hard to replace, so that alone justifies the expense for Cleary's to me. If you don't want to pony up the bread for Cleary's, Physan is no joke and is a great fungicide and cheaper than the Cleary's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Ryan0988
boarderlib wrote:
Ryan0988 wrote:I do have hydrogen peroxide. Should I spray some on the wounds? As for were they where during dormancy i made the mistake of putting them in a cabinet hoping it would protect them from the more severe cold but the lack of air circulation is probably what caused the rot.
Hydrogen peroxide as far as I'm aware won't touch most fungal issues that cause rhiozome rot. It won't hurt to hit them with a 50:50 mix of hydrogen peroxide:distilled though. I personally have started using an alternating method this year and so far it's proven to be very effective. One dose I use Cleary's 3336 fungicide, and the next dose 30 days later I use Physan 20. The Cleary's is good stuff but it is EXPENSIVE. I have a substantial collection of sarracenia, some of which are very hard to replace, so that alone justifies the expense for Cleary's to me. If you don't want to pony up the bread for Cleary's, Physan is no joke and is a great fungicide and cheaper than the Cleary's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice ill see what i can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By Ryan0988
Fieldofscreams wrote:Gotta give a little more info than that. In a cabinet where? Did you water and how? Did they have any light? Did they freeze? Inside or outside?
In a cabinet in a garage. yes they did freeze. they where in very shallow water trays at most 1 cm of water usually less. no lights.
By Fieldofscreams
They rotted.

I keep my plants in my insulated garage. It dipped below freezing many times and froze my pots solid a lot. However, they are never frozen for more than a day and I never leave them in water, I might water once a month.
By enderagent89
Repot it. Try live sphagnum moss. Give them some more time, the only reason a plant won't grow is if it's dead, in this case it's not. Come back in a few weeks and see how it goes, maybe during full sun time there'd be some significant growth! Good luck with it :D

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!