FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Nothing terribly special here, mostly S. leucophylla "Hurricane Creek White" and some AJ01 from Mike Wang. But I do love leucos, especially in the fall. They don't look so bad in the spring either though!
Sarracenia luecophylla.jpg
Sarracenia luecophylla.jpg (269.37 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
That S. leucophylla HCW on the front right side of the photo is really tall. I haven't measured, but I'm pretty sure the pitchers are over 2 feet tall now.
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By SundewWolf
Wow, nice job. The HCW I bought from FTS a few years ago is still looking a bit rough. I replanted it today into a large pot and hope it takes off this summer. I had a hard time finding anyone else who was selling one.
SundewWolf liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
Nice, Im wanting to added a few Sarrs to my collection. How are they care wise, easy/ hard?
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Matt
Dionae wrote:Btw, selling any more...trade maybe?
We do have a few out there that could go to new homes, but I don't think Leah has put them in stock yet. Next year I'm going to divide those in the big pots and they'll be available. We could work out a trade then, maybe?
Dr GreenThumb wrote:Nice, Im wanting to added a few Sarrs to my collection. How are they care wise, easy/ hard?
Very, very easy. I just keep mine sitting in water in a sunny spot and ignore them otherwise. Though I do fertilize them once or twice in the spring...
Matt liked this
By Nauz
Matt wrote:Nothing terribly special here, mostly S. leucophylla "Hurricane Creek White" and some AJ01 from Mike Wang. But I do love leucos, especially in the fall. They don't look so bad in the spring either though!
Sarracenia luecophylla.jpg
That S. leucophylla HCW on the front right side of the photo is really tall. I haven't measured, but I'm pretty sure the pitchers are over 2 feet tall now.
Japanese maple to the bottom right? Bloodgood maybe?
By Matt
Dionae wrote:Sounds good! Do you have my email?
Yep, I should. If not, is the one you use on this forum your preferred email?
Nauz wrote:Japanese maple to the bottom right? Bloodgood maybe?
Yeah, some sort of Japanese maple. I don't know the type, but Bloodgood is probably correct. We have a very prolific mature tree in the front yard and I dug up one of the seedlings a couple of years ago and put it in a pot. It's growing like crazy this year.
Matt liked this
By Nauz
Matt wrote:
Yeah, some sort of Japanese maple. I don't know the type, but Bloodgood is probably correct. We have a very prolific mature tree in the front yard and I dug up one of the seedlings a couple of years ago and put it in a pot. It's growing like crazy this year.
Oh man sweet, grow about 1' a year or so. Prune it and keep it like bush for a bonsai! I've got a few growing on the porch as well.
Nauz liked this
By Teye01
Nauz wrote:
Matt wrote:
Oh man sweet, grow about 1' a year or so. Prune it and keep it like bush for a bonsai! I've got a few growing on the porch as well.
Yeah, but first let it grow in the open ground, otherwise it won't thicken a lot and it won't look like an old tree. Or you have to go for mame, but even than it has to thicken a couple of centimeters. And while you have it in the open ground, let it grow a sacrificing branch at the top, cut it back, do it over and over again and you will get a thicker trunk in less time and achieve taper.
Nice sarr's do you have Matt!
Teye01 liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!