FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By quartzite
My rose quartz cactus (aka peanut cactus) 2021 flowers...the pic wasn't photoshopped...the flowers are that brilliantly colored... :mrgreen:
Attachments:
20210501_101555.jpg
20210501_101555.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 6832 times
Supercazzola, ChefDean, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By Matt
Awesome! Mine is also opening up some flowers right now but not yet as many as yours. I freaking love those over-saturated flowers!!!

How long have you grown that one? It looks quite a bit larger than mine.
quartzite liked this
By quartzite
Hi Matt...very nice...mine is about 3 years old...it was very small when i started out...i attached a pic of it...over time it grew out like crazy, i pretty much used fertilizers and hormones (NPK, Fox Farms, and Hormex)...I also think it grew out because I put it in a 6 inch pot...i would like to get some seed from it but i read that the rose quartz cactus rarely ever make any seeds...i have cut the stem branches and gave them away to friends...they are super easy to propagate in that way too...maybe moving it to a larger pot will also allow it to spread out too...i also have a golden ball cactus and that one has produced a ton of seed over the last several years...now it's flowering out too...
Attachments:
my peanut cactus
my peanut cactus
20180430_133231.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 6735 times
Matt liked this
By quartzite
Hi Matt...sure... that would be great...and I'll send you some golden ball cactus seed too...
Matt wrote:Nice! When I get moved to Missouri, we should do some cactus trading :D
Matt liked this
By quartzite
Hi Joshua...nice...i love those these cacti...the flowers on the peanut cactus are the brightest and most intense coloring i have seen...
Joshuamarshall792 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:09 pm I had a peanut cactus too!!!Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
By Matt
quartzite wrote:Hi Matt...sure... that would be great...and I'll send you some golden ball cactus seed too...
Awesome! I have a few plants I acquired last year from Barry Rice (ironically he now grows cacti more than CPs!) and most of them have produced pups already. Once we're settled in Missouri, let's get in touch and do some trades :)
quartzite liked this
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!