big pink
IMG_7076.JPG (243.86 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
spatulata
spatulata
IMG_7084.JPG (134.8 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
frazier left tamlin right
frazier left tamlin right
IMG_7083.JPG (278.35 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
they have perked up with our southern sunlight and 80f temps. they are still adjusting to the latitude. The Small Frazier island spats are super happy in a wet bowl of moss. And the Big Pink I added live moss from several different pots but its living and looking ok I guess. (never done it before so don't know what it should look like) :lol:
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Hungry Plants
looking good but the spatulata might be a little too wet. They like to be wet not soggy. You're better off putting holes in the bottom of the pots and sitting them in a tray of water about an inch deep. Just my two cents.
By Fly Trap Hunter
Hungry Plants wrote:looking good but the spatulata might be a little too wet. They like to be wet not soggy. You're better off putting holes in the bottom of the pots and sitting them in a tray of water about an inch deep. Just my two cents.
I did the tray with the Natelinsis but not the Spatulata per forum suggestions but will factor the tray into the equation. However, I've been slowly pushing the Spatulata up out of the water by stuffing moss under them and that helps.
By Fly Trap Hunter
should I change the soil mix and start draining like the Cape Sundew? The Cape Sundew is in a peat perlite sand mix, with some live moss on top. a hole is in bottom of cup. it sits in a big flower pot with a tiny amount of water and then I drain it out. seems happy. I thought I read that the spatulata like being in water but the Cape Sundew not so much. Thanks for help!
hollyhock wrote:They look good.. but I agree about the spatulata being to wet. Don't want root rot... ;)
By KategoricalKarnivore
The spat and cape both like lots of water. Just not flooded like that all the time. You need pots with drainage. With both these species you should use the tray method. You can keep about a half to an inch of water in the tray at all times. That's how I grow both of these.
By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The spat and cape both like lots of water. Just not flooded like that all the time. You need pots with drainage. With both these species you should use the tray method. You can keep about a half to an inch of water in the tray at all times. That's how I grow both of these.
Thanks. I will get them into new pots and use trays like my fly traps. Thanks alot
By Fishkeeper
Spatulata like to have the pot in water, they don't like to have themselves in water. Keep the water level well below the roots of the plant. They like to be wetter than flytraps, but still only damp, not soaking. The soil near the surface shouldn't drip if you pick up a bit of it.
Fishkeeper liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
bog
bog
IMG_7338.JPG (570.85 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
the top left capensis I got from Hollyhock and the 1 to the right from Rammplins. the bottom left is another I got from Rammplins and bottom right is a D.Spatulata Tamblin from Hollyhock. They really seem to enjoy more water than less. if they are not soaking in the water, they don't seem happy. :roll:
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!