FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Zanny
I just noticed the top leaves on my Nepenthes are looking off. I moved it from outside the front of the house to the back so when it rains it would get more rain. It has been doing great! Til today. It got a wasp in it's only remaining pitcher yesterday and today it's top leaves are looking like the color is being drained from them. It hasn't rained in a while so I have been watering it with some filtered water. The dirt is still moist from yesterday so I didn't water it today. It is getting a few hours more sunlight than it was in the front of the house. So could it be getting too much sunlight? Humidity has been low too lately upper 30s or lower 40s%. My small Nepenthes is doing fine but it is still in the front of the house.

This is only my second carnivorous plant. The first one I got was a much smaller Nepenthes. All I know is that they are two different species.

If anyone could help me out here I would be so thankful!
Thanks a bunch!
By tish
From the way you describe, it could be the new environment. Decide where u want the plant to be permanently. Leave it there and let the plant do it's thing. old leaves dies, new leaves adjusted to new enviroment.
By Zanny
Ah ok! Thank you both of you! I did move it back to the front. I will leave it there.
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!