FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By CryptKid30
These are my first two VFT's. I just re-potted them this morning.

I've had this one going on two weeks now, over the last week, it's gotten a little more water than it should. The soil is definitely more than moist, that moss is down in the center of the rest of the new sphagnum moss/perlite mixture. We only used enough water to mix the new soil up, hoping that it will absorb the rest of the water.

This one, i just got today, it's soil was moist as well, so I didn't water it either, in hopes of it drying out a bit more first. I love how big the traps are on this one!! :)

I'm anxious to see how they do. Hopefully I'll be able to raise them to be pretty healthy plants. Time will tell....
By Boss-52
Nice find! I’ve bought quite a few myself from local hardware stores this spring, but in contrast to your rescues they don’t look nearly as healthy. Good luck rehabilitating them, and I hope everything works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By ApgarTraps
Home Depot and Lowe's: the VFT-equivalent of "puppy mills"

:)

Actually, your plants look great, and I did the same thing a few years ago and have wonderfully healthy plants from Home Depot.
By FlyTrap Hunter
CryptKid30 wrote:These are my first two VFT's. I just re-potted them this morning.

I've had this one going on two weeks now, over the last week, it's gotten a little more water than it should. The soil is definitely more than moist, that moss is down in the center of the rest of the new sphagnum moss/perlite mixture. We only used enough water to mix the new soil up, hoping that it will absorb the rest of the water.

This one, i just got today, it's soil was moist as well, so I didn't water it either, in hopes of it drying out a bit more first. I love how big the traps are on this one!! :)

I'm anxious to see how they do. Hopefully I'll be able to raise them to be pretty healthy plants. Time will tell....
Those are looking good. I agree they look dry.
Here is one I got last Fall from Lowe's. It already looked a little nicer than the other vfts. And it's hard to turn down 4 plants in the pot for $5Image

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!