FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
got my small portion of the large BCP group order tht went around about a month ago! most of the plants look about as I expected/was prepared for them to with only one that looks a bit off/weird. luckily (and unluckily for me planting them)

2+ small plants actually meant 1 small plant and like 15-20 small plantlets/rhizome/root chunks ranging from fingernail sliver of materials upwards. going to take me a long while tonight to start trimming up dead material and readjusting the smallest of smalls in the medium after as I'm sure I will dislodge more than a few.

the good news is even if some of this dies off, there are so many random little plantlets, should hopefully have some nice lil plants when its all said and done! only the 'crazy cup traps' really looks off to me, all the rest were... I did my best to kind of group the smallest of slivers together with larger chunks or all together and created "plugs" of materials to the best of my ability. tough in LFSM! not sure how people get such beautiful results I feel like until the plant settles in mine are a trainwreck to look at!

without further ado the photos!

group shot in 6"x6" pot. left column 'Clone Z02' right column 'Red Dentate'

individual planted clusters of 'Clone Z02 plantlets'

the only ones that I think look off hopefully under the soil and what is still green above they come back! 'Crazy Cup Trap'

last but not least the ones I was personally most excited about Kim Jong-Il (1343-02)

all in all I'd say my expectations were realistic and the plants are what I was expecting although I was not expecting the small sized plants to be as many small plantlets! although from the looks of it should have well over moneys worth even if half the 15+ plantlets in each were to die.

anyone else get their plants in from BCP? let's see em!
riveraXVX, riveraXVX liked this
By riveraXVX
Matt wrote:Cool additions to your collection!
thx Matt! I was both underwhelmed and overwhelmed at the same time pretty much spot on to what I was expecting to receive. I like that they sent all the extra little plantlets since most of these were smaller than advertised and they really piled them in for the extras. guessing since the group order went in a little over a week of them opening things up the largest went out the door first. still pleased! looking forward to seeing how they look after a season or two growing.
By riveraXVX
yep these were fully loaded up all of the little "plugs" of plants in the photos were about 5+ small divisions just kinda bunched together, went through and got all the dead growth carefully trimmed away last night and was able to reseat a lot of the smaller ones that got buried or were sticking out a little. delicate process with the lil ones but with random odds and ends items laying around was able to get them all oriented properly after about an hour or so!

(a click pen, a pencil w/ eraser, a small pair of scissors and a small needlenose plier set from the electronics workbench. ended up using a bunch of stuff from working with micro-electronics actually come to think of it haha. was nice with the miniature needlenose to dive into LFSM and then open rotate, open again, rotate and mill out a small hole for the plantlets to sit down in. I was having the worst time with the way the moss would push downward instead of opening up trying to get a hole for plants. I imagine working with peat/perlite it would be a lot simpler process. as far as getting them planted/leveled properly.
By hollyhock
I got pings... :D and a few utricularia, and D.prolifera, and I decided to try one Genlisea...and the same as you BCP sent multiples...
Attachments:
Genlisea
Genlisea
IMG_20171103_111300.jpg (613.76 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Genlisea
Genlisea
IMG_20171103_111321.jpg (881.81 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
D.prolifera
D.prolifera
IMG_20171107_171512.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2312 times
Pings
Pings
IMG_20171103_104258.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 2312 times
hollyhock, hollyhock liked this
By riveraXVX
awesome! I actually saw you post the Genlisea on Fb I do believe!! I would be he who "I don't even know what I'm looking at here!!"

the way you are using the plant in that container is cool!
riveraXVX liked this
Is This What To Look For?

Thank you. So as long as I know where the names ca[…]

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!