FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
Happiness if your having mold problems you should move your plants to a place with a lot more air circulation and use an airier mix. Use more sand/perlite and less peat. Ime VFTs need a lot more air to their roots than sarrs. I've cut my sarrs back to a 70/30 peat/sand mix. My VFTs are in dry sphagnum moss and sand or 30/30/40 milled dry sphagnum/peat/sand.
Dionae liked this
By happiness
Dionae wrote:Happiness if your having mold problems you should move your plants to a place with a lot more air circulation and use an airier mix. Use more sand/perlite and less peat. Ime VFTs need a lot more air to their roots than sarrs. I've cut my sarrs back to a 70/30 peat/sand mix. My VFTs are in dry sphagnum moss and sand or 30/30/40 milled dry sphagnum/peat/sand.
Would it be a bad idea to repot them soon? I have them in 50/50 peat:silica sand.
By WaSundew
Lowe's is a great source for CPs... But not at full price! Death cubes cost about $10 USD each, and I have a system for avoiding this! I frequently check there in in the winter, because as CPs go into dormancy, (lucky for us) they think that the CPs are dieing- and mark them down to a dollar! Great buy though- I also immediately repot and trim the plants, and I get a free small pot out of it that I use for Drosera ssp. Good Growing!

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!