FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By SkyClan Cat
And actually my first time ever ordering a plant online. After much debate on which of the really cool cultivars to order first (I recently got a job, but the hours are inconsistent, so I don't want to spend my paychecks too fast), I decided on a starter-size Mirror.

I knew from other people's glowing reviews that Matt and Leah take amazing care to make sure their plants are delivered safely, but with the weather the way it's been lately over here (bad enough to close the schools for an entire week!), I wasn't sure how USPS would do.

With the priority mail, though, it took less than two days for the package to arrive once it had been processed and shipped out. Just came today, like an hour or two ago. I met the mailman on my front porch and took the package as soon as he finished scanning it with his scanner thingy.

Brought it inside, opened it up, and found my new baby, encased in its pot and a tightly-taped-on cup, and embedded snugly in bunches of newspaper.
IMG_4798.JPG
IMG_4798.JPG (37.2 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
IMG_4799.JPG
IMG_4799.JPG (44.44 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
Of course, it's still dormant; I can't wait to see what it does once it's woken up!

And a few of the traps do have the "mirror" effect. Kinda hard to see, but they look like they have tiny wings or fins.
IMG_4808.JPG
IMG_4808.JPG (50.88 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
On the windowsill with my other little dudes
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4804.JPG (30.06 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
By gilbertochagolla
Awesome! My red dragon VFT just came in this morning. Unfortunately all the traps are closed. I live in Arizona should I keep them outside or next to my window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

I know it's gonna be a blast!!! Wish I could come[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!