FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Dematerialize
Here I am again trying to keep VFTs alive! The ones I had last winter sadly died around January after my girlfriend's grandfather passed away. We traveled from Georgia to Indiana and while I was gone for close to a week they rotted(I must have overwatered worried they'd dry up). In that time I also lost most of my sundews, and I am wondering whether there was something else at play in the soil(ie a disease/fungus attack) since it happened so fast and it was so deadly. :(

I've started this collection hopeful that they will last for a long time now that I am better prepared. I bought most from Cook's, and the largest one is a VFT rescue from Lowe's.

Here's the Lowe's VFT(largest, middle VFT) surrounded by the first plants I ordered. They've gotten pretty green and they're starting to grow faster as they get full sun and feast on all the bugs around now.

One of the smallest VFTs feasting:

Closeup of the Lowe's VFT's first healthy new trap:

Here's the last batch I ordered about two weeks ago. They're finally losing that sickly yellowish hue they had on arrival and they've already caught a few gnats.
By CPCaliLivin
So sorry about what happened. I know how it feels to lose most of a collection. Good luck rebuilding!!
By UYSTER
Looks very nice i am new in this venus fly trap growing still learning, mine is all still small and growing 2 almost there to open and one starting at the bottom how long do they grow befor opening?
By kronos1996
Depends... Just be patient and don't over-care for them. That's something I was guilty of doing and lost several. Stick to normal cheap ones until you get the hang of it and then get more expensive cultivars. You may lose a lot of money if you don't do this. Happy growing!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!