FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Dematerialize
Hello! I just wanted to upload a few images of all the plants I'm currently growing. :D

Sadly all the space I have is along the balcony that connects to our apartment door. At least it's enough to keep most of them happy. Here's all of them seen from the entrance door:

A view from above:

My little Nepenthes cutting that's finally growing:

A Begonia I saved at work after it was left dying in a corner:

Another two Begonias that I need to separate soon enough. The white one's thriving at the moment:

Lucky Bamboo, my oldest plant that's over a year old:

My three Sarracenias. I will repot them and replace the LFS with a higher quality brand:

I will upload more in the next little bit. :D

I've changed the potting soil for the three Begonias above but I have to buy larger planters in the next weeks to allow further growth.

My catnip, which is thriving as well. It had simple Sphagnum Moss soil and a bit of normal soil but I replaced it with fertilized soil today as well. I will start some stem cuttings soon:
By Dematerialize
Hens and chicks plant (Jovibarba globifera). My girlfriend bought it herself 2 days ago, pretty much her first plant here. I guess she's finally a bit more interested in plants now haha. Most likely I will take care of it since she's a bit forgetful but I don't mind.

She had some cacti before around the time we moved to this apartment but they died after the cats got a hold of them(the lucky bamboo plant being the sole survivor).Image

By Dematerialize
Thanks! I have a few VFTs on the way and two Nepenthes so I'll update when those arrive. That will probably complete my collection... for now!
By Dematerialize
Thanks! So far in all this time(started in mid-July) I've only lost one plant and it was a sickly Capensis that never seemed to grow while the other two it shipped with are just fine. It just continued to shrivel away. Oh well.Image

Anyways, here's an update!

After missing at least 12 flowers blooming today I caught a few!

Today's been a nice, clear and moderately warm day-the first in a while(plus I was off work, woohoo!). Perhaps it helped? I noticed today around 10am that they were slowly opening with the full sunshine hitting them straight on.

Slowly they opened...

By Dematerialize
Note: I only brought them in to take pictures Image

A couple of minutes after I finished the little photoshoot they were already closing...

I'm so glad I got to see them. It is a great experience! Image
By KissMegan
Beautiful collection! !! I really love your orchids :) I have small balcony syndrome too haha but I like how you have that double table type thing that can receive sunlight on the bottom shelf as well. I'll have to invest in one of those :)
By Dematerialize
Thank you! A few months ago I just thought I'd just have a couple of plants and that was all. Now it is hard to stop myself from getting anything else

That table was made with some wood pieces we found a while ago. It's not very wide but it is the perfect size for a small balcony. If you can't find one like that just build it-it's fun and probably cheaper!

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!