FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Hi,i bring you my history :
They are my first 2 vft :
30 sept 2009 first of 2 vft
13 nov 2009 first vft
13 nov 2009 second vft
18 nov 2009 first vft
18 nov 2009 second vft
26 nov 2009 first vft
26 nov 2009 second vft
21 dec 2009 both vft
I was keeping them in balcony but a few days of freeze killed them (from now on i will try the fridge and with perlit).
Image They are dead,sadly...
The new vft
28 ian 2010 new vft
6 febr 2010 new vft
13 march 2010 new vft
13 march 2010 new vft divided from
13 march 2010 new vft divided
So now i have 2 vft from the "new" one,with perlit.I use from ianuary, 2 Sylvania fluorescent neon lamps,each have 18 watt ,6400 k ,1050 Lumen,daylight.(I cut first a flower stalk and plant it,but no luck,the second one i plant it with perlit, maybe i will get lucky.)
So now i have some questions :
1.Why some leaves are closing after i divided from rizome ? (they are protecting themselves and closes after division because of stress, because i dont think i shut them by force... ?)
2.If new leaves are emerging,may i divide them later on again or i must wait (because of stress)?
3.If the leaf does close without a victim, it will re-open in 3-4 hours or some days ?
Thank you all.See you in the future and sorry because i was spreading on a whole forum page.
By Matt
roarke wrote:Why some leaves are closing after i divided from rizome ?
Any kind of jostling will trigger the traps to close. It's almost impossible to repot a Venus fly trap without triggering the traps closed.
roarke wrote:If new leaves are emerging,may i divide them later on again or i must wait
I don't know if I understand this question. Why would you want to divide the plant if new leaves emerge? Do you mean if it divides again? It's unlikely that the plant will divide again shortly after being repotted. And if it does, it's fine to wait until it needs to be repotted to do the dividing.
Not what you would expect...

Misplaced urine specimen? But which container[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

What’s happening

Ok so I went looking again today and noticed a sid[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!