FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Gavin
Hi guys,

My name is Gavin, and my wife and I have a small commercial (but modest) CP nursery here in New Zealand called Miss Frizzles Fly Traps. We have a focus on producing a range of well grown carnivorous plants to meet the needs of the CP enthusiasts here who will often struggle to find what they want among the mass produced lines often dumped very uncaringly into our market place.(yes we have those types of nurseries here as well!)

I have just spent the last half hour looking thru your site (after taking quite a few years getting around to actually registering on here so that I can do this!). And it is great to see so much interest and enthusiasium for these plants. And so many great pictures. It is a great site.

Our specialty has been for many years in VFTs and during this timewe have developed quite a few nice clones of our own. Some of which have been shared with some of the bigger Dutch growers, and it was encouraging to see that photos of some of them have even been posted on here already by slark78.

I was wondering if any of you folk would possibly be able to point me to a supplier who might be able to supply me with the B52 clone via TC ? I would quite like to grow some of these along side our own plants and perhaps even use them in some of our own breeding programs. I see that these have been listed in the store here but are presently out of stock, so was wondering if anybody may be able to help with an alternative supply?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers!

gavin
Attachments:
bench of vfts.JPG
bench of vfts.JPG (140.89 KiB) Viewed 11388 times
Gavin, Gavin liked this
By Steve_D
Gavin wrote:CP nursery here in New Zealand called Miss Frizzles Fly Traps
Welcome to the FlytrapCare Forum, Gavin. That's a great name for your business! :D
Gavin wrote:a supplier who might be able to supply me with the B52 clone via TC ?
Yes, one option is FlytrapCare.com's sister site, FlytrapStore.com, international-sales section--
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/intern ... onaea.html

Great looking plants you have! Good growing! Thanks for joining the Forum and posting an introduction and some photos.
By Grey
Hello and welcome to our wonderful community! It's great to see another carnivorous plant supplier among our ranks - Miss Frizzles Fly Traps, what a fantastic name! :D Made me smile, which is why I started with carnivorous plants in the first place. Wonderful photo!
By Matt
Wow! What an impressive looking bench of flytraps! They look very healthy. I noticed the moss on the top of the pots in the front. What is your soil mix of choice for flytraps?
Gavin wrote: who might be able to supply me with the B52 clone via TC ?
If you have any of your clones in TC, I'd be happy to work out a trade with you Gavin. Shoot me an email at matt@flytrapcare.com and perhaps we can work out a trade :)
By Gavin
Thanks guys,

and thanks for pointing me to that link. Not sure how I missed that, was too late at night I guess!

Thanks Matt, will email you shortly
By Daniel_G
swat007j wrote:Can we see more pictures of your pants :P
This forum doesn't really get involved in that sort of stuff....
By greywash_
Hi guys great work first off
i have just moved from Palmerston north where i collected 7 of your various flytraps.
Due to the death of my father i have relocated to Te Aroha and just opened a unique clothing and tattoo shop.
I have my display in the window and have had a huge response and demand for them and as Te Aroha sports one of the worlds largest species of moss i cant think of a better place.
Please contact me on 0271961550 as soon as possible
or email me at sammm.leee@gmail.com
yours sincerlly
samantha :D

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!