May 18, 2016 update

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here
trooperkris

May 18, 2016 update

by trooperkris » Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Hello everyone, I'm back. I apologize for my extended absence from the forum, and I admit I missed everyone and their helpful input. College thus far has pretty much put 'gardener kris' on autopilot, while I have been pulling my hair out because of how complicated college is.

Anyways, I will stop rambling with this: from here on out, I will attempt to post an update of my plants to here at least once a month or so, depending on if anything exciting happens within that time frame.

Here are pics of my plants this year. Never thought my plants would ever get as big as they have.

Also, I know this is a no-no, considering the timing, but I'm planning on repotting all of my plants into much larger pots. My reasons for this is because I'm moving away from those self-watering pots that I've been warned about using since the beginning, and getting the pots that everyone else seems to be using. After losing yet another plant to root rot earlier this year (sarracenia minor), I've decided if maybe I had changed pots sooner, the sarracenia minor might not have died.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 458 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 458 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 458 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 458 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 458 times
My most up to date grow list: post230200.html#p230200

Matt
Site Admin

Re: May 18, 2016 update

by Matt » Wed May 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Good to hear from you again! Sounds like you've been busy. But your plants, especially the Sarracenia, look great!
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

trooperkris

Re: May 18, 2016 update

by trooperkris » Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Matt wrote:Good to hear from you again! Sounds like you've been busy. But your plants, especially the Sarracenia, look great!

Why thank you :)
Yeah, my plants all say hello too. Haha

I'm glad my plants are looking as good as they do. Unlike Dionae, us folks up here in Louisville, Ky haven't been so lucky with consistently bright sunny weather. The passed two weeks have seen high winds, lots of rain, and an abundance of cloud cover. Some of the pitchers (most notably the s. Readii x Moorei) have been damaged from the winds mainly, so I have staked some of my taller pitchers like a separate s. x Moorei, and my main Flava. Thankfully there are plenty of bright and sunny times in the coming days.
My most up to date grow list: post230200.html#p230200

Return to Pitcher Plants