FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By doku
Posts:  346
Joined:  Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 pm
#27738
Matt wrote:Well, you might not have to wait for long. I'm likely going to open it up next week. Probably tomorrow I'll open it up to some people that want to act as my "guinea pigs" and if those orders go well, I'll open it up to the public a few days later.
lol, i wouldnt mind being a guinea pig. :D
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21846
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#27740
doku wrote:
Matt wrote:Well, you might not have to wait for long. I'm likely going to open it up next week. Probably tomorrow I'll open it up to some people that want to act as my "guinea pigs" and if those orders go well, I'll open it up to the public a few days later.
lol, i wouldnt mind being a guinea pig. :D
Sounds good. Watch the "Announcements" forum and I'll probably post there about "Guinea Pigs" later today or tomorrow morning.
By dionaea muscipula
Location: 
Posts:  1956
Joined:  Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 am
#27742
Matt wrote:
doku wrote:
Matt wrote:Well, you might not have to wait for long. I'm likely going to open it up next week. Probably tomorrow I'll open it up to some people that want to act as my "guinea pigs" and if those orders go well, I'll open it up to the public a few days later.
lol, i wouldnt mind being a guinea pig. :D
Sounds good. Watch the "Announcements" forum and I'll probably post there about "Guinea Pigs" later today or tomorrow morning.
OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21846
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#27745
dionaea muscipula wrote:OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
In colloquial speech, a "guinea pig" is someone that takes part in an experiment:
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i ... a-pig.html
By dionaea muscipula
Location: 
Posts:  1956
Joined:  Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 am
#27746
Matt wrote:
dionaea muscipula wrote:OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
In colloquial speech, a "guinea pig" is someone that takes part in an experiment:
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i ... a-pig.html
oh..... awesome AWESOMER!!\
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21846
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#31201
Updated today (October 26th). I finally got around to adding a bunch of plants that I've had for a while now. I'm good about keeping up with the Dionaea, but not so much with the other species. I think I've got a Cephalotus coming my way soon too!
By dionaea muscipula
Location: 
Posts:  1956
Joined:  Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 am
#31202
wow Matt you have a very awesome collection!
By kittyklaws
Location: 
Posts:  1644
Joined:  Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:13 am
#37732
Woah...nice list! And you've got quite a few orchids too :D
By Adam
Location: 
Posts:  2892
Joined:  Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:39 am
#38574
I really can't wait for all the varieties to make it up to Canada!!!!! (I feel I should smuggle them in :? )
By petmantis
Location: 
Posts:  133
Joined:  Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:09 am
#39555
Adam wrote:I really can't wait for all the varieties to make it up to Canada!!!!! (I feel I should smuggle them in :? )
Hehe, it's hard to resist that impulse. The U.S. has a huge variety of VFTs, partly because most of the cultivars are registered there... ;) CITES can be a pain.

Nice list Matt. Good luck with TCing the rare stuff there! The VFTs would be a hit :P
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21846
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#39596
petmantis wrote:Hehe, it's hard to resist that impulse. The U.S. has a huge variety of VFTs, partly because most of the cultivars are registered there... ;) CITES can be a pain.

Nice list Matt. Good luck with TCing the rare stuff there! The VFTs would be a hit :P
The good news is that sterile cultures are CITES exempt. Also, I'm still unclear whether or not a phytosanitary certificate is needed (I'm starting to think it's not), but even if it is, I can get one for $20 now that I'm an officially registered nursery in the state of Oregon. If I can get the rarer clones in my collection established in TC, I'll be able to ship them to Canada. The only added expense for the customer would be the $20 phyto and whatever international shipping costs are.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 14
Drosera paleacea giveaway

I just harvested some Drosera paleacea gemmae, s[…]

Harty giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway.

VFT's at Lowe's 02/28/21

Just curious, what were they selling for? Part of […]

Best nepenthes for bathroom

Well, it depends on the size of the window and the[…]

WTB red sphagnum

Looking for some live red sphagnum. The darker the[…]

Leigha Simone div is spoken for but i have a mediu[…]

New addition

Nice! Which pymgy sundew is that?

Iso: H. Flamingo

Hoping to add a heliamphora Flamingo to my collect[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!