Page 10 of 14

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm
by bombsboy
victor wrote:Yeah, Matt has so many varieties I've never heard of before.
about that...
Matt, have you ever registered a cultivar before?

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:36 pm
by Matt
bombsboy wrote:Matt, have you ever registered a cultivar before?
Nope. I hope to one day, but Steve and I have only just begun our Flytrap breeding program. We have some very interesting and attractive clones, and some of them may be worthy of registering.

The one I think that probably is the most worthy that I grow right now is this one:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/anoth ... t9323.html

It came from Bob Ziemer's 2009 seed harvest and it is a sawtooth with extra trigger hairs along the margin of the trap. I like the name "Trigger Happy" for it, but I'd also like to include Bob's name in the official name (whenever that is decided) because he's done so much for the CP world.

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:24 pm
by dantt99
FTS "BZ Trigger Happy" :D

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:25 am
by bombsboy
Matt wrote:
bombsboy wrote:Matt, have you ever registered a cultivar before?
Nope. I hope to one day, but Steve and I have only just begun our Flytrap breeding program. We have some very interesting and attractive clones, and some of them may be worthy of registering.

The one I think that probably is the most worthy that I grow right now is this one:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/anoth ... t9323.html

It came from Bob Ziemer's 2009 seed harvest and it is a sawtooth with extra trigger hairs along the margin of the trap. I like the name "Trigger Happy" for it, but I'd also like to include Bob's name in the official name (whenever that is decided) because he's done so much for the CP world.
how about 'fuzzy edge' or 'grizzly'
It its really cool and definitely able to be a cultivar!

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:02 am
by quatchi
Matt, awesome list! I'd love to get a hold of a few of those in Canada one day :)

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 am
by Matt
quatchi wrote:Matt, awesome list! I'd love to get a hold of a few of those in Canada one day :)
Almost all of them will likely be available for shipping to Canada in sterile cultures either this year or next.

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:53 am
by Dionae
FTS "Trigger Happy Bob"...sounds like my cousins :lol: .

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 am
by Matt
Dionae wrote:FTS "Trigger Happy Bob"...sounds like my cousins :lol: .
:lol:

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:48 am
by bombsboy
Dionae wrote:FTS "Trigger Happy Bob"...sounds like my cousins :lol: .
lol... sounds pretty funny, would be a rather interesting name! :D

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm
by bombsboy
I just realized that matt seems to neglect Nepenthes... :( why?

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm
by dantt99
Meh, I'm not a Nepenthes fan either :o

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 pm
by Matt
bombsboy wrote:I just realized that matt seems to neglect Nepenthes... :( why?
Nepenthes are fine, but I don't get much pleasure out of them. I grew quite a few for a while and I didn't feel like the space they took up was worth the enjoyment I derived from them. I could fill the same space with many more Venus fly traps, Cephalotus or Heliamphora and enjoy them much more.

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 pm
by bombsboy
hmm i guess.
still some nepenthes are pretty cool like hamata or rajah or lowii

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:07 pm
by victor
This is my opinion but I think nepenthes are the best out of all the CP's.
This is mainly because they don't go dormant and they have the spectacular pitchers.

(this does not mean that I "hate" every other CP)

Re: Matt's Grow List

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am
by dantt99
victor wrote:This is my opinion but I think nepenthes are the best out of all the CP's.
Everyone has an opinion! For example, my favorite CP's are 1. Tie between Dionaea and Cephalotus 2. Sarracenia