FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By carelerasmus
Well I have this Maroon Monster here...and as you can see, she's not as "maroon" as she should beImage why would this be?Image

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
By mouthstofeed
they have to settle in and grow a while under ideal conditions before they will express their cultivar form. did you just plant it?

or perhaps the seller lied about what it is.
By carelerasmus
Okei thanks! Haha yeah its more of an interesting situation than a real question though! No I know it is a REAL Maroon Monster! Got it from a trusted seller in SA! and also its a smaller plant that came from a friend's maroon monster! And her flytrap was also a beautiful deep red when she got it! But 2 days ago, I went to visit her and saw that both plants have lost their Iconic maroon colour! She was not very clear on her growing conditions, so she gave me the small plant to see how to get the colour back!! And yes it has been repotted! And I know they need a lotta light! Haha I just didn't understand how a totally maroon plant could look almost all green now ahh plants are so interesting! I think I'll take photos as the colour progresses! Then I can see how nicely it will colour up! Thanks for the advice though!!

By FlyTrap Hunter
carelerasmus wrote:Okei thanks! Haha yeah its more of an interesting situation than a real question though! No I know it is a REAL Maroon Monster! Got it from a trusted seller in SA! Image and also its a smaller plant that came from a friend's maroon monster! And her flytrap was also a beautiful deep red when she got it! But 2 days ago, I went to visit her and saw that both plants have lost their Iconic maroon colour! She was not very clear on her growing conditions, so she gave me the small plant to see how to get the colour back!! And yes it has been repotted! And I know they need a lotta light! Haha I just didn't understand how a totally maroon plant could look almost all green nowImageImage ahh plants are so interesting! I think I'll take photos as the colour progresses! Then I can see how nicely it will colour up! Thanks for the advice though!!

My purple ambush and Jaws get redder with cold weather. My Jaws didn't have much color at all until Fall. All Fly Traps love a lot of sunshine. I have also noticed Fly Traps color can be different with size also, a small Fly trap can be different from a adult but eventually look the same when bigger. I think my traps are redder now because of the chilly weather.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By carelerasmus
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
carelerasmus wrote:Okei thanks! Haha yeah its more of an interesting situation than a real question though! No I know it is a REAL Maroon Monster! Got it from a trusted seller in SA! Image and also its a smaller plant that came from a friend's maroon monster! And her flytrap was also a beautiful deep red when she got it! But 2 days ago, I went to visit her and saw that both plants have lost their Iconic maroon colour! She was not very clear on her growing conditions, so she gave me the small plant to see how to get the colour back!! And yes it has been repotted! And I know they need a lotta light! Haha I just didn't understand how a totally maroon plant could look almost all green nowImageImage ahh plants are so interesting! I think I'll take photos as the colour progresses! Then I can see how nicely it will colour up! Thanks for the advice though!!

My purple ambush and Jaws get redder with cold weather. My Jaws didn't have much color at all until Fall. All Fly Traps love a lot of sunshine. I have also noticed Fly Traps color can be different with size also, a small Fly trap can be different from a adult but eventually look the same when bigger. I think my traps are redder now because of the chilly weather.

The weather here is also getting colder!! Dormancy is just around the corner, so would my flytraps also start getting redder then?

By FlyTrap Hunter
carelerasmus wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

The weather here is also getting colder!! Dormancy is just around the corner, so would my flytraps also start getting redder then?

Mine did. All the sudden the Jaws got really red last Fall. They all did really. It's spring now. I am sure my Traps have more color because it's colder. I push my Traps to 40F and sometimes to freezing but try not to do that. Image

By carelerasmus
Okay! Cant wait to see if mine will also start reddening up!

Perlite from Ebay

The website, http://www.perlagro.co.uk/product/per[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!