FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Ras
took this few days ago and really liked it so I thought id upload it and I also have a very odd question
hope you like it, now for the question
anyone ever tasted that sugar the VFTS produce on the "lip" of the trap? Lol just curious
By pieguy452
The red coloration on maroon monster is just absolutely amazing!

I have never tasted a flytraps drool, but it wouldn't hurt someone to try and tell us how it tastes :)
By Chhewy
nice plants guys! what kind of lights are you guys growing them under?
By Ras
pieguy452 wrote:The red coloration on maroon monster is just absolutely amazing!

I have never tasted a flytraps drool, but it wouldn't hurt someone to try and tell us how it tastes :)
Hahah!
when you say it like that it sounds gross man!
its basically sugar juice though right?
like you would find in a flower
the traps are basically imitation flowers right? O.o wonder if it has special powers :lol: (joke)
Stratofortress wrote:Great photo :!: MM is so ridiculously photogenic, of my own photos, most of my personal favorites are images of my own specimens of this cultivar.
definitely one of my favorite clones, the color and size of the traps put together make it amazing
Chhewy wrote:nice plants guys! what kind of lights are you guys growing them under?
well this pic was when i was acclimating them to sunlight, so I had them inside atm of the pic under my grow setup with all my other plants, right now its outside in full sun in a hanging pot
My light setup is two 48watt t-8s 6400k color temp, three 54watt t-5s 6400k color temp and one 24watt "flora " aquarium bulb which has higher output of red light, where my other bulbs put out more blue idk the temp on that but it doesn't feel any hotter to me,

all are 4ft long, except the 24 watt which is 2ft long
Attachments:
sry, its a mess
sry, its a mess
S6303877.JPG (108.14 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
By Chhewy
wow looking at your guys pictures, i have to start growing my plants outside -_-, your plants look so much better than mine. I moved mines outside today hopefully the birds dont get them or stray cats.

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!