FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By doku
Matt wrote:Your list is getting huge Manny!
Yup, and it just got bigger. i finally received my plants that I ordered a couple months ago. :D And a few I ordered just a couple days ago. :geek:

For nepenthes I got:
lowii
tentaculata
singalana
mikei
tobaica
copelandii
maxima x (trusmadiensis)
and finally, after 2 years of looking
hamata :D

and one new sarracenia:
S. readii (S. leucophylla x rubra)

Another bit of good news is that the 2 cuttings i took from my N. alata(highland) rooted. :D
By dionaea muscipula
doku wrote:
Matt wrote:Your list is getting huge Manny!
Yup, and it just got bigger. i finally received my plants that I ordered a couple months ago. :D And a few I ordered just a couple days ago. :geek:

For nepenthes I got:
lowii
tentaculata
singalana
mikei
tobaica
copelandii
maxima x (trusmadiensis)
and finally, after 2 years of looking
hamata :D

and one new sarracenia:
S. readii (S. leucophylla x rubra)

Another bit of good news is that the 2 cuttings i took from my N. alata(highland) rooted. :D
man i wish i could have a hamata but they are expensive and my weather is not very good for them
By doku
lol, neither is mine. I only live 40 minutes north of Anaheim. Summers are pretty hot here, difficult to get the temps down at night most of the year. But after growing villosa and rajah for about a year and hearing that hamata was easier than both, i figured I could grow it. :D Watering at night with refrigerated water seems to help. And yes it was expensive, but I figure if it survives and it gets big for me in a couple of years, it would have been worth it.
By doku
Just added a few plants to my growlist:
VFT:
A2
G14
Spider
Holland Red
Southwest Giant
Dingley Giant
Petite Dragon

Sarracenia:
leucophylla 'Schnell's Ghost'
x Daniel Rudd

Cephalotus:
Hummers Giant

Heliamphora:
heterodoxa
'Tequila'

Also:
Pomegranate Tree
and
Guava tree
By doku
Thank you Matt, but I still have a long way to go before my flytrap list is even close to being as awesome as yours. I have noticed though, that the A2 seems to be a true larger clone and the G14 not so much. I potted them up together in the same 8 inch pot along with a southwest giant and a typical. They are all, roughly, the same age. The G14 is still only as big as the typical, the southwest giant is a little bit bigger than those, but the A2 is easily twice the size, none flowered this year.
By Matt
I too have been slightly less impressed with the G14 than with some of the other "giant" clones out there. I really like the SouthWest Giant and A2. Out of curiosity, here were you able to get yours? I bought my G14 and SouthWest Giant from Phong, but he no longer sells VFTs. I was graciously given the A2 by a friend.
By doku
Well, I was messaging Bob Ziemer and asked him where I could get some flytrap cultivars. To my surprise he said that he had some of them that he could spare. So these 3 that I mentioned came from Bob. I think I thanked him like 10 times. Now im trying to get them to grow and divide so I can share them with other ppl that cant get them. Now im just concentrated on trying to get 'Bohemian Garnet' and 'Scarlet Bristle'. Some day :twisted:
By Matt
Bob is one of the most generous CPers there is. No doubt about it!

I'm trying to get all of these clones (A2, G14, Petite Dragon, Spider, Bohemian Garnet, and Scarlet Bristle) established in TC so that they're available to the masses. I think that I'll be successful. I have nearly all of them "marinating" in vitro right now. They've been clean for about two weeks, which is a good sign, and they should form callus soon.

I already have Holland Red, and Southwest Giant rapidly propagating.

Hey, I just noticed that you have two Helis (heterodoxa and 'Tequila') that I don't currently grow. If you ever want to swap some Helis, keep me in mind when you get divisions.
By Andrew
Oh my gosh, so many plants! Matt, Someday I hope you will be able to ship cultures across the border, :P Very nice list Manny, its quite large.
By Hayden
crushingandy wrote:Oh my gosh, so many plants! Matt, Someday I hope you will be able to ship cultures across the border, :P Very nice list Manny, its quite large.
Quite large?!?! Its massive, I dont know where you could keep it all!
By doku
Matt wrote:Bob is one of the most generous CPers there is. No doubt about it!

I'm trying to get all of these clones (A2, G14, Petite Dragon, Spider, Bohemian Garnet, and Scarlet Bristle) established in TC so that they're available to the masses. I think that I'll be successful. I have nearly all of them "marinating" in vitro right now. They've been clean for about two weeks, which is a good sign, and they should form callus soon.

I already have Holland Red, and Southwest Giant rapidly propagating.

Hey, I just noticed that you have two Helis (heterodoxa and 'Tequila') that I don't currently grow. If you ever want to swap some Helis, keep me in mind when you get divisions.
Of course Matt, im always looking for new plants to add to my collection. Both, the heterodoxa and the 'Tequila' have 3 growing points right now. The heterodoxa is producing adult pitchers already but the plant itself is a bit on the small side so I decided not to divide it this year, next year for sure though. The 'Tequila' began to flower before I was able to divide it, so that too is out of the question. Next year I will divide it earlier before it flowers. I will keep you in mind when I divide.
crushingandy wrote:Oh my gosh, so many plants! Matt, Someday I hope you will be able to ship cultures across the border, :P Very nice list Manny, its quite large.
Thank you, still trying to get it larger though. :twisted:
fish30 wrote:
Quite large?!?! Its massive, I dont know where you could keep it all!
Lol, thank you. To be honest, I dont know where I keep it all either. I have a small backyard and to add to that, there is an old busted truck there and my pool takes up a lot of the room as well. I have several hundred Sarracenia and flytraps(mostly typicals) all bunched up in a 7 by 12 foot area. And all my sundews and Nepenthes are kept under my porch. Im going to see about selling some plants at my local farmers market. That way my hobby can support itself :mrgreen: .
By Matt
doku wrote:Next year I will divide it earlier before it flowers. I will keep you in mind when I divide.
I appreciate that! And I realized that I actually do have an H. heterodoxa (must have been tired when I wrote that post because I didn't think about it at the time), so a swap for a division of just the H. tequila would be great.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!