Dutch
Dutch Delight
Royal Red
Long Red Fingers
Fang
Dentate Traps
Cupped Trap
Vigorous
Last edited by tc3driver on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tc3driver liked this
By dantt99
Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics when the plants arrive :D
By tc3driver
Here they are!

Shark's Teeth
Big Vigorous
Sawtooth
Clayton's Red Sunset
Dutch
Dutch Delight
Royal Red
Long Red Fingers
Fang
Dentate Traps
Cupped Trap
Vigorous
By Steve_D
They look great, tc3driver. We always have to stress the fact and remind people that Cupped Trap is by its nature a small-looking plant. However, during the growing season the petioles can reach several inches in length, even though the traps stay relatively small (but are good insect catchers!).

However, despite their seemingly conservative growth above ground, below the surface it's a different matter. Cupped Trap plants are great at storing food and making very large rhizomes and well-developed root systems. Because of that rather conservative above-ground growth, and contrary to what one might think regarding such a freakish plant, they seem extra hardy and prone to reproducing freely by division.

If you don't mind, please upload photos of the plants during the growing season so everyone can see how they're doing. :mrgreen:
By tc3driver
No worries Steve...

I know that they are a smaller species, I like them because they are different... I am dieing to get my hands on the KMS and a couple of the others that I know Matt is propagating... like the alien, and the bristle tooth, etc...

And you know me... I love my photos
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:We always have to stress the fact and remind people that Cupped Trap is by its nature a small-looking plant.
Especially when dormant! It basically dies back to nothing. In fact, quite a few of the Cupped Trap plants I'm growing have almost no above ground growth right now. But they do come out quite a bit during the summer and put out some nice growth. And, as Steve mentioned, they always have a lot going on under the surface.

Like Cupped Trap, Long Red Fingers is another clone that stays fairly small. And the rhizome on it is very interesting. Unlike most flytraps, it doesn't ever really form a compact bulb, but instead the leave say fairly separated all the way down to the roots. Korean Melody Shark is similar in that way.
By tc3driver
I really cannot wait to see these guys grow up!

Soon.... very soon, I will own every clone matt and steve sell ...
By frog
Love the new plants tc3 Well I don't know how many clones you had before that order but even if thats the first of them your off to a really good start. I to must have them all how about if I get them first then you.
By tc3driver
frog wrote:Love the new plants tc3 Well I don't know how many clones you had before that order but even if thats the first of them your off to a really good start.
Thanks!, you can check my grow list... but I had 7-8 different clones before this order.
frog wrote: I to must have them all how about if I get them first then you.
Thems' fighten' words ;)

I would say more power too you :P
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!