FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Watertower
I just rescued a VFT from Lowe's. I know i should remove it from its death cube but should i also get new soil? Could i just dump out the Lowe's soil in a new pot?
I have no idea of what is in the Lowe's soil. Should i repot with new soil?
By Jaws
I obtained some 'rescues' from our English equivalent Homebase, and i felt they were in too small a pot so i repotted.
Whether you repot would be down to the size of the plant and the pot you bought it in id say.

Another member brought it to my attention that they may possibly have not been using the correct water at our shop,(VFT were just on shelf with other assorted plants)
so another good reason to repot in fresh compost in my case.

I wonder if a lot of these type of shops Lowes/Homebase just use tap water , and water the VFT with the rest of their plant stock.
I bet they do.
By 95slvrZ28
I think it's probably a good idea to repot the plant if you get it from a major store. Like Jaws brought up, I'm pretty confident they'll just water the plants with tap water and they're usually in pretty small pots. The horizontal room doesn't matter that much, but the pots are usually pretty shallow as well. If you're going to repot it now is going to be the best time.
By Watertower
Thanks. I repotted them.

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!