FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Finally got around to taking some photos and uploading them to the server. A few highlights are below, more can be seen here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... otoid=7484

Enjoy!
Low Giant

Jaws

Fused Tooth

FTS Maroon Monster

B52

Big Mouth

DC XL

Fine Tooth x Red

FTS Flaming Lips babies up for sale (or soon to be)
Love the color on these babies!

FTS Deep Red Guerilla
This plant can get quite large, but my largest one had a setback last year. They're all young to young-adult sized now.

FTS Crimson Sawtooth
Looking huge this year!

FTS Crimson Sawtooth and FTS Deep Red Guerilla side by side

Obligatory Sarracenia flava flower photo

Plants collected and going out with orders today

FTS Employees hard at work

That's all for now! Thanks for looking :)
Matt, Matt, Matt and 7 others liked this
By Matt
mnwatson1 wrote:One of those Crimson Sawtooth plants looks hungry for flower stalk! Lol! Awesome pics!
Yeah, those traps are huge too! They do look like their longing to take a bite out of the flower stalks :)
By Matt
jwbates26 wrote:A lot of great looking flytraps. I think FTS Maroon Monster is still my favorite.
Definitely the best red-leafed flytrap out there! I love my mother pot of them. One of my favorites to look at for sure! I got lucky when I got that seedling, which turned into FTS Maroon Monster, started in vitro back in 2008 :)
By dmagnan
Oh, I think one of those orders is mine! Either bottom center or bottom right I would guess. Cool little preview.

HOW did you get crimson sawtooth that big???? I have a ton of little ones and no big ones because it just keeps dividing.

Man, I wish I had a backyard with sun.
dmagnan liked this
By Matt
dmagnan wrote:HOW did you get crimson sawtooth that big???? I have a ton of little ones and no big ones because it just keeps dividing.
What do you grow them in? I've never had them get that large until I switched to using the New Zealand long fiber sphagnum.
By Matt
dmagnan wrote:
Matt wrote:I've never had them get that large until I switched to using the New Zealand long fiber sphagnum.
Noted!
Same goes for several flytraps that grew larger than I've ever seen them before when I shifted all of my plants from growing in peat/perlite/sand to New Zealand long fiber sphagnum.
By dmagnan
Matt wrote:Same goes for several flytraps that grew larger than I've ever seen them before when I shifted all of my plants from growing in peat/perlite/sand to New Zealand long fiber sphagnum.
I swear, when I first started on these forums years ago your plants were not as big. I mean, they were always impressive, and more healthy looking than mine, but some of these new pictures are astonishing. BUT you've given up your secret!!! HAHAHA (evil laugh)

So it turns out, it's not so easy to convey a comic supervillain tone in text. That sounded better in my head...
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!