FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
My best friend and I go back well over a century, some sad but mostly happy times along the way. From skinny-dipping in the pond behind the house, riding bicycles down muddy dirt roads, and fishing for goggle-eyes in the local creeks we've had a good long friendship.

Well, he keeps a small vegetable garden behind his house in the village he lives in. Though there is a "leash law" in place the folks in the village are terribly irresponsible and the dogs...pits, shepherds, terriers, sooners, you name it...run pretty much where they want to. My buddy is constantly battling with them, trying to keep them out of his yard and garden.

A week ago he went to visit one of his kids and his grandkids. I dropped by a couple of times to check his house out for him, etc.,. I looked at his garden on one of those trips and decided to snap a picture of it. That started out innocently enough. I was just gonna send him a nice shot of his garden...no problem. Before all this was over I had tears rolling down my cheeks 'cause I was laughing so hard!!!! 8-) :lol:
Garden_no_visitors.JPG
Garden_no_visitors.JPG (764.14 KiB) Viewed 765 times
But, then I got to thinking and found a picture of a nice dog and I sent his daughter this "modified" photo (he uses a little flip phone and she uses a larger smart phone)...it got him stirred up a bit.
Garden_one_visitor.jpg
Garden_one_visitor.jpg (780.65 KiB) Viewed 765 times
I didn't respond for a while. I figured I'd let this stew for a while. :mrgreen:
I finally decided to up the ante' a bit so I texted them I had another photo from a little while later I needed to send. He told me to send it to his daughter's phone (he wanted to see the picture good). I found yet some more dog photos to add to the party...and sent him this last shot, mentioning something about coming back a bit later and witnessing the party taking place.... :mrgreen: :lol:
Garden_party.jpg
Garden_party.jpg (780.25 KiB) Viewed 765 times
I got a text from him "Save that picture for the sheriff". :lol:

I let that simmer a little while until his daughter texted me asking if I was photoshopping it. My answer..."Who? Me?"<grin>

A little time passed and I got a one-word text from my buddy... "A__h__e!!!" :o :mrgreen:

I still get a big grin from this...just had to share. :lol: :mrgreen:
Ewreck, evenwind liked this
By Ewreck
Hey that’s comedy right there haha. I’d be so pissed if that was my yard and you did that to me.
By DragonsEye
Intheswamp wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm Well, he keeps a small vegetable garden behind his house in the village he lives in. Though there is a "leash law" in place the folks in the village are terribly irresponsible and the dogs...pits, shepherds, terriers, sooners, you name it...run pretty much where they want to. My buddy is constantly battling with them, trying to keep them out of his yard and garden.
His neighbors are fortunate he is so tolerant. There was a gent I used to know who owned several acres and had a similar issue. Dogs would often tear up his garden and/or kill his chickens or terrorize the livestock the kept. (He and his wife would raise 2 or 3 calves each year to supply them with beef.) He would first try to discuss the matter with the owners of the offending dog the first few times. At first, he also tried to involve the authorities but that never did any good. For those dogs whose owners refused to do the courteous and responsible thing, he would implement his "final solution."
By Intheswamp
Thanks y’all. I think my endorphin meter maxed out when I was doing it. I think the meter still bumps up pretty good when I think about it and chuckle. :lol:

When he got back home I *did* wait a couple of days before going by to see him. :? :mrgreen:
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!