FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I'm looking to buy a S. purpurea "Sorrow" or "tina". I'm not sure exactly what the difference between these two plants is. I originally found out about "Sorrow" from the ICPS website, so it seems like thats the correct name for the cultivar, but i'm not sure if "tina" is a different name for "sorrow" or a different plant.

If anyone has either purpurea "sorrow" or "tina", or know who is selling one, please let me know. (Also, if anyone wants to I can trade something from my growlist for it.)
By parker679
From what I've seen your guess is a good as anyone's on the difference. If I remember it's a case of there being a single cultivar that a couple people had divisions of and they each started selling it independently calling it two different names. I may be mis-remembering though.

I got one a few months ago on ebay from flytraps/Cook's Carnivorous plants. To make things less clear the auction was for S. "Sorrow" but the tag on the plant said "Tina". I've seen them sell divisions of it a couple times since I got one so you may want to either keep checking their ebay store or just email them and ask if they have a division for sale.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!