FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Coco
mcgrumpers wrote:I have neither but am curious about Eden black (and Hummer's giant). Are these different types of cephs different enough from typicals (and from each other) to be worth the added difficulty required to obtain them?
This is what Eden Black looks like where it gets a very nice dark purple which resembles a black color. Some typicals can actually achieve this color or even darker, but you'll need to firstly have one that has the genes for it and under the right conditons. To me, I find it drop dead gorgeous where others may not agree. If you're interested about Hummer's Giant, you can acquire one from an infamous reputable seller named Charles Brewer. They get large-sized pitchers compared to typicals and as for growing vigorously, it's debatable. With Charles, he's been growing Cephs for over 40 years where many people are happy with their purchases from him (where I'm currently about to place an order from him).
Attachments:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (306.68 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
By Huntsmanshorn
mcgrumpers wrote:I have neither but am curious about Eden black (and Hummer's giant). Are these different types of cephs different enough from typicals (and from each other) to be worth the added difficulty required to obtain them?
It's like any other collectable, if you can afford it and/or you are a fanatic then yes, absolutely. Otherwise, don't be ridiculous.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!