FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By LotharZogg
Hey everyone,

I just recently got back into the hobby. I was around in the days of the CP email Listserv and Webring. In the early 2000's life happened and I sold off my collection before a move. Anyhow, earlier this year I decided to plant a fruit garden in my backyard (mostly melons and banana trees) and thought maybe I'll get some carnivorous plants as "pest control." Not sure how effective it may actually be, but seemed like it was kind of a "novel idea", so I gave it a try. Two months later, the carnivorous plants outnumbered those in which they were intended to protect... I always new this long dormant hobby of mine was due to resurface at some point and it has come back in full force! Glad to be back!
By CarnivoresUnite
LotharZogg wrote:Hey everyone,

I just recently got back into the hobby. I was around in the days of the CP email Listserv and Webring. In the early 2000's life happened and I sold off my collection before a move. Anyhow, earlier this year I decided to plant a fruit garden in my backyard (mostly melons and banana trees) and thought maybe I'll get some carnivorous plants as "pest control." Not sure how effective it may actually be, but seemed like it was kind of a "novel idea", so I gave it a try. Two months later, the carnivorous plants outnumbered those in which they were intended to protect... I always new this long dormant hobby of mine was due to resurface at some point and it has come back in full force! Glad to be back!
Wow.. Listserv. Now there's something I haven't heard in a LONG time!

Welcome back! I'm an avid gardener, and learning the ways of CPs..
CarnivoresUnite liked this
By toiletshorts
LotharZogg wrote:Hey everyone,

Hey there! welcome back to the CP life and welcome to the community. i'm fairly new here myself but everyone is very friendly and helpful. see you on the forum! :D
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!