FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By DragonflyGuy
New thread rule: each new reply must also include a historical tidbit where the year of its occurrence matches the reply # (assuming the OP is #0).

In 484 AD, the Sassanid King of Persia, Peroz, was killed in battle facing against the Hephthalite khan, Khush-Nevaz. The Hephthalites proceeded to plunder eastern Sassanid vassals of Sogdinia and Bactria. His younger brother, Balash, succeeded him.
By Daniel_G
BLOB!

Year 485 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Cornelius and Vibulanus (or, less frequently, year 269 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 485 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
By jrmc114064
Fine

The Battle of Vartanantz, was fought on May 26, 451 on the Avarayr Plain in Vaspurakan, between the Armenian Army under Saint Vartan and their Sassanid rulers. Although the Persians were victorious on the battlefield itself, they had heavy casualties and, following subsequent uprisings and guerilla warfare, the Armenians were eventually guaranteed religious freedom.

Wikipedia rocks
By DragonflyGuy
Unfortunately, it looks like you are disqualified from this contest since post 451 was already made! Sorry but I don't make these rules.

New rule: every new reply must also contain binary code identifier for the reply number. In this case, 001101000011100000110111

In 487 AD, the last Roman governor of Gaul, Syagrius, was assassinated on the order of King Clovis. With his death the last vestiges of Roman rule in Western Europe ended.
By jrmc114064
Well i will not accept the rules as official and hold official protest. Besides this thread has become one of no rules and commonplace chat not a restricted thread by a common member.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!