FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Mark L
I just ordered 17 different plants and I plan on growing several inside and need light recommendations. The specific plants staying inside are: cephalotus follicularis, drosera capensis, drosera capillaris, drosera spatulata, pinguicula primuliflora. I would appreciate specific light recommendations, preferably with links. My budget is pretty small, but I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality light.
By Cross
Mark L wrote:I just ordered 17 different plants and I plan on growing several inside and need light recommendations. The specific plants staying inside are: cephalotus follicularis, drosera capensis, drosera capillaris, drosera spatulata, pinguicula primuliflora. I would appreciate specific light recommendations, preferably with links. My budget is pretty small, but I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality light.
A lot of people use t5 lights. I use desk lamps with 5k Kelvin, 1650 lumen bulbs. I have 3 lights. Mine are simply great value brands. They were down the aisle from the general lights. I think they were maybe 15.00 for a 4 pack. Sky blue box.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
There’s some Yescom LED panels for about $20 each on Amazon if you’re interested in that. They work pretty well from what I’ve seen so far. Also there’s some decent LED lights at the hardware stores, not sure what your exact budget is.
By Mark L
SundewWolf wrote:There’s some Yescom LED panels for about $20 each on Amazon if you’re interested in that. They work pretty well from what I’ve seen so far. Also there’s some decent LED lights at the hardware stores, not sure what your exact budget is.
I have been doing a lot of looking around for a good led light, and there are so many lights with decent reviews all at varying price points. one light i looked at was VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series V300, it has good reviews at a price i like. my only concern is the 300W power level is that enough for my selected plants? I have seen several people recommend 600W for carnivorous plants, but i dont have that many inside so my overall grow space is 2x2" or less. Would i then need the 600W or is 300W sufficient for my number of plants?
By SundewWolf
Mark L wrote:
SundewWolf wrote:There’s some Yescom LED panels for about $20 each on Amazon if you’re interested in that. They work pretty well from what I’ve seen so far. Also there’s some decent LED lights at the hardware stores, not sure what your exact budget is.
I have been doing a lot of looking around for a good led light, and there are so many lights with decent reviews all at varying price points. one light i looked at was VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series V300, it has good reviews at a price i like. my only concern is the 300W power level is that enough for my selected plants? I have seen several people recommend 600W for carnivorous plants, but i dont have that many inside so my overall grow space is 2x2" or less. Would i then need the 600W or is 300W sufficient for my number of plants?
There was a discussion on this forum I asked a short while ago and it seems like the wattage doesn't really matter. how-big-of-a-factor-is-the-wattage-of-leds-t41461.html

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!