FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Darkrai283
I have lfsm and want to chop it all up to make it into small pieces and use it as a potting mix for some droseras and cephs I bought yesterday.
I heard you can do that with a blender so I asked my mum if I can use it and when I tried it, all the lfsm went to the side of the blender and went away from the blade! So I couldn't do it.
Please somebody tell me how to do it with a blender or if there is any other way to make the potting mix with lfsm by making them into small pieces.

Thanks
By mobile
I came across this thread whilst searching chopped Sphagnum moss. I have been trying this recently and have found the easiest method for me is to put the moss into a blender and add plenty of water. This way the moss will stay in suspension in the water, rather than sticking to the walls of the blender. I pulse the blender and when the moss it at the desired coarseness, I poor it through a fine strainer to remove the water - water can be further removed by gently squeezing the moss.
mobile liked this
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!